9/15 White Sox at Twins

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I would hope we'd do it by matchups but I would guess Myers, or maybe Thornton will get yet another chance to close.

That was a failed experiment. How big does the samples size need to be before that decision is proven wrong again.

It's tough to close when you only have one pitch, and that's what Reed has shown. He can't get his changeup over, and hitters seem to recognize it, because they rarely swing at changeups that are close (from what I've seen, anyway). Reed's fastball isn't good enough to put hitters away unless he makes a perfect pitch.

Thankfully I went out drinking last night and missed the last inning of the White Sox game and most of the Indians/Tigers due to falling asleep at 330-400 a.m.

Spared me some tense moments.

Much better to wake up and see the victory/loss rather than suffer another Addison Reed blown-up inning.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Thankfully I went out drinking last night and missed the last inning of the White Sox game and most of the Indians/Tigers due to falling asleep at 330-400 a.m.

Spared me some tense moments.

Much better to wake up and see the victory/loss rather than suffer another Addison Reed blown-up inning.

Last night?

Where you at?