Marlins trade Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Reyes plus others to Blue Jays

Baron

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)
Nobody wants him back RIGHT NOW because of his contract. I'm sure Buerhle would be welcomed back with open arms in 3 years if he's still producing and can be had for reasonable $.

This.

He just doesn't fit on this team. It's nothing against him

Sox already have 4 LHP for the rotation. Plus $$ is an issue.

Unless we can trade Danks for some cheap talent to offset $$ and a spot in the rotation then it's not gonna happen.

Part of Greg's comments may be because I kept saying I have empathy for anyone in that situation and people kept saying, Yeah, but Mark has money, Mark did this or Mark did that. I'm guessing all those comments could be rewritten to say, anyone with enough money, or anyone with a really cool job, or anyone who can walk away, does not deserve empathy. It isn't specific to Mark, but he was used as an example.

And we would take him back under that contract, as long as someone was picking up some of it. :D

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
Part of Greg's comments may be because I kept saying I have empathy for anyone in that situation and people kept saying, Yeah, but Mark has money, Mark did this or Mark did that. I'm guessing all those comments could be rewritten to say, anyone with enough money, or anyone with a really cool job, or anyone who can walk away, does not deserve empathy. It isn't specific to Mark, but he was used as an example.

And we would take him back under that contract, as long as someone was picking up some of it. :D

Hell, just redistribute it. Those last two years are killer

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)

That's exactly what I'm saying. I think I value Mark's style more than others. I think he rubs off well on the other pitchers who emulate him. I would reacquire him and deal some of the other lefties.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
That's exactly what I'm saying. I think I value Mark's style more than others. I think he rubs off well on the other pitchers who emulate him. I would reacquire him and deal some of the other lefties.

Mark doesn't make sense for the Sox right now. They are in a transition period where they will be incorporating young players onto the roster while also trying to remain competitive. The biggest area where they are doing that right now is in the rotation. On top of that, Mark does get really expensive really quickly.

Everyone here valued, loved, and cherished Mark for what he did, but the time was right for the two to go in opposite directions. He will get his number retired and he might even get a statue too. There aren't many guys in White Sox history that were as loved as Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Mark doesn't make sense for the Sox right now. They are in a transition period where they will be incorporating young players onto the roster while also trying to remain competitive. The biggest area where they are doing that right now is in the rotation. On top of that, Mark does get really expensive really quickly.

Everyone here valued, loved, and cherished Mark for what he did, but the time was right for the two to go in opposite directions. He will get his number retired and he might even get a statue too. There aren't many guys in White Sox history that were as loved as Mark Buehrle.

This 1000 times. He'll probably be pitching coach one day.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)
This 1000 times. He'll probably be pitching coach one day.

This I doubt. I don't believe Mark would want the position. My guess is that he'll be more than content to retire to home in Missouri. But, you never really know.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
This I doubt. I don't believe Mark would want the position. My guess is that he'll be more than content to retire to home in Missouri. But, you never really know.

Thought the same with Robin, so I can see it happening.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)

Not to mention that the Sox are neck-deep in cheap left-handed starting pitching.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)
Not to mention that the Sox are neck-deep in cheap left-handed starting pitching.

You have ensured that the events of next season will make the opposite of this true. Down years for everyone!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Jinxology 101.

Number 1 rule of Nanny Nay-bobs everywhere: If the team is predicted to fail and ends up succeeding, then say that you predicted the fail in order to activate the reverse jinx.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:05 AM)
Number 1 rule of Nanny Nay-bobs everywhere: If the team is predicted to fail and ends up succeeding, then say that you predicted the fail in order to activate the reverse jinx.

Or consistently predict doom and gloom, and then pretend to be happy when you are proven wrong.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 02:56 AM)
Thought the same with Robin, so I can see it happening.

Robin did stay around the game though. He did some broadcasting and was working with the front office when KW talked him into interviewing for manager. I see Mark disappearing onto his land and never being seen again (in baseball).

The one thing with Mark that would make me believe he would come back as a coach is he really seems to enjoy the game. I think he would make a great color commentator as well.

But it seems more likely he would quietly retire.

The one thing with Mark that would make me believe he would come back as a coach is he really seems to enjoy the game. I think he would make a great color commentator as well.

But it seems more likely he would quietly retire.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
Or consistently predict doom and gloom, and then pretend to be happy when you are proven wrong.

I think everybody on here who posts often is happy when the Sox win. Why would they stick around here if they wanted the team to suck?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Don't want. They expect.

I've kind of expected the team to collapse the last couple years, yeah I guess I'm guilty of that. I don't know what it is. There are a lot of things about the Sox that drive me crazy. At least the last few seasons.