Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking my brother and a couple of friends to Chicago for his 21st. Dates are July 8-9 (I know, monday/tuesday sucks but we both do too much coaching on the weekends during the summer to get away). Staying downtown at the Hyatt on Wacker. Good spots for college aged/cheap booze downtown and surrounding areas? I'm sure we can take the L about anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
Taking my brother and a couple of friends to Chicago for his 21st. Dates are July 8-9 (I know, monday/tuesday sucks but we both do too much coaching on the weekends during the summer to get away). Staying downtown at the Hyatt on Wacker. Good spots for college aged/cheap booze downtown and surrounding areas? I'm sure we can take the L about anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Two big college age bar areas that I can think of are;

Wrigleyville - Anywhere south of Addison on Clark until Sheffield. You could take the redline to Addison, go west to Clark, and head south to the busiest bars.

DePaul area - Anywhere south of Fullerton on Lincoln. Again, take the redline, get off at Fullerton, and head east until you hit lincoln, then go south.

I'd give you specific suggestions, but I don't really know what would be busy on a Monday/Tuesday night. You'd probably have better luck in the DePaul area, unless the cubs are in town, but then that's a whole different crowd in Wrigley anyways. Also, it seems that some bars aren't open on Mondays, so just a heads up.

There's also taylor street and such out by the UIC campus, but I don't know anything about that, and it can be sketchy in areas.

There are also the 4am bars in the area, which are packed no matter what day of the week it is. Big City on Belmont and Sheffield and Trace on Waveland and Clark are two that I've been to. I wouldn't recommend going to them before 2am, as no one seems to go until the other bars close. These aren't the greatest of places, and can be expensive, but it's busy and it's a decent place to go after 2am.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)

Danielle Fishel made my tummy feel funny and some other things back when I was a kid. I clicked on your link in the spirit of nostalgia, and I see that she still makes my tummy feel funny and some other things to this very day. Harlot Witch Banshee.

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/282...-april-2013-01/

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/282...-april-2013-02/

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/282...-april-2013-03/

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
The Weather service rarely puts out a "High risk" warning for severe weather. The OKC Tornadoes happened on "Moderate risk" days. The midwest has a High Risk warning today.

sigh

I just replaced my f***ing roof.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
High risk of tornadoes?

The official statement is "High risk of severe storms". The meaning is yes...you should expect a combination of damaging straight line winds and possibly an outbreak of multiple strong tornadoes. Hail, heavy downpours, flooding also possible.