2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 07:43 PM)
I'm curious to know why you were interested in this movie. Are you interested in outer space? The actors in the movie? Or what?

Because I've seen the trailer so many times on TV and I have absolutely 0 idea of what the movie is about, besides the fact that a spaceship apparently explodes

I like to watch movies that are over welmingly well received.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
Navy Pier. Our kid is going to be dropped off with my parents, who have a place in the city.

I think that one you can get reserved seats (if so Id recommend). I saw Avatar there on a random weekday and it wasnt that full, but for some reason i feel like ive had an experience where it was jammed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Wait. You hated this movie but think The League is currently hilarious? Your take on comedic material can no longer be trusted.

The League has been quite downhill this season. Last night's episode was brutal.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Im really looking forward to seeing The Counselor and The Wolf of Wall Street. I will be waiting until they hit Directv on demand, but I will be buying them as soon as they are available.

The wife and I will be at The Wolf of Wall Street opening weekend.

Really like Prisoners.

A lot of the crowd (here in Indonesia) was gasping and cringing throughout the theatre watching Hugh Jackson, but we all know "hotheads" like that in real life that always believe they're right (when more than half the time they're wrong).

They populate all the Little League, flag football, middle school basketball and tennis venues of the US.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)

It will definitely bring more press to the film.

However, with this kind of subject matter, no matter who brings the film to the screen (see the relative "failure" of Don Jon)...it's always going to struggle to find a mainstream audience.

Seeing those posters reminded me of Michael Fassbender in Shame, haha.

For what it's worth, maybe if they put Clooney and Sandra Bullock in that movie, it could do well. She's really been incredibly resilient in her personal and professional life. Ten years ago, I never would have believed she'd still be considered "America's Sweetheart." One of the few negative reviews, interestingly, went on and on about how she has such nice legs for a 49 year old. That was a bit weird.

That title has floated around from Meg Ryan to Julia Roberts to Reese Witherspoon and now back to Sandra (she was on the top of that category in her Miss Congeniality/While You Were Sleeping/Speed days.)

Who's her biggest competition? Emma Stone, perhaps.

With some rare down time on Saturday I was able to watch The Purge and This Is The End. Both were very good.

The Purge did a good job with the suspense. My wife and kids said they expect a sequel. I hope not. I think it would be nothing more than a re-hashing of what happened in the movie. I'm not sure they could tell another story that would be original in any way.

This Is The End was hilarious. There were so many little jokes mixed in that I'm sure I didn't see all of them. I think it's a movie that has to be watched a few times.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
With some rare down time on Saturday I was able to watch The Purge and This Is The End. Both were very good.

The Purge did a good job with the suspense. My wife and kids said they expect a sequel. I hope not. I think it would be nothing more than a re-hashing of what happened in the movie. I'm not sure they could tell another story that would be original in any way.

This Is The End was hilarious. There were so many little jokes mixed in that I'm sure I didn't see all of them. I think it's a movie that has to be watched a few times.

Extremely true. The nuances are hilarious especially considering the actors are playing "douchey" versions of themselves and make really funny comments about it the whole time. The Pineapple express 2 montage killed me.