2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 11:30 PM)
Caught up on Ray Donovan. Like someone else said, it's a decent show, but it still has yet to give me a reason to care each week. It's just guys doing things.

Yeah, not seeing a story line you usually see. I don't get it. They keep doing random things and not really explaining why its happening

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Gotta love the twists and turns of big brother.

The fans voting the 3rd nominee is dumb. Leave America out of it. It taints things. Aaryn's HOH means she's safe, that's it. Fans will put up Gina Marie and she'll be voted out, which is fine cuz I hate her.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
The fans voting the 3rd nominee is dumb. Leave America out of it. It taints things. Aaryn's HOH means she's safe, that's it. Fans will put up Gina Marie and she'll be voted out, which is fine cuz I hate her.

I don't like the MVP to begin with. Anywho, I can definitely see Howard or Spencer being the goner this week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
anybody else notice that when TJ shows up, it doesn't always look like he is actually there? Like he is filmed somewhere else and just edited into the picture?

Why did Trishelle even show up?

With TJ, they probably need to re cut a lot of what he says. He's recovered quite a bit since his horrific accident, but he's still pretty f***ed up. Chances are they keep him around to have him repeat himself after the contestants go away to party.

Hence the weird, cropped too close shots with slightly different audio.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 11:24 PM)
The Bridge is moving along. Still liking it.

I'm hooked on this show, it's gotten good reviews on metacritic and the show is supposed to take off after the 4th episode according to critics who got a private screening of the entire first season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)
With TJ, they probably need to re cut a lot of what he says. He's recovered quite a bit since his horrific accident, but he's still pretty f***ed up. Chances are they keep him around to have him repeat himself after the contestants go away to party.

That makes sense. He's definitely not 100%.

A 5th season of Arrested Development will happen the "right way" with the cast working together "in some form".

‘I kinda go back and forth between [a movie] and a series. But here’s the most important thing, whatever we do, I want to get the cast all together and not do another anthology thing, and that’s why I keep thinking about kicking off with a special or a three-part show and then going into a series.

Then he asked [Netflix chief content officer Ted] Sarandos: ‘Are you game for that?’.

‘Absolutely,’ the Netflix boss replied. ‘In any form.’

In other news, Netflix loves money.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:28 AM)

I watched "The Crash reel" on HBO last night, about the accident and recovery of Snowboarder Kevin Pearce. It was really crazy to see someone have such a traumatic brain injury and recover the way he did, but at the same time he still had a lot of issues.

Seeing your post reminded me of that

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
A 5th season of Arrested Development will happen the "right way" with the cast working together "in some form".

‘I kinda go back and forth between [a movie] and a series. But here’s the most important thing, whatever we do, I want to get the cast all together and not do another anthology thing, and that’s why I keep thinking about kicking off with a special or a three-part show and then going into a series.

Then he asked [Netflix chief content officer Ted] Sarandos: ‘Are you game for that?’.

‘Absolutely,’ the Netflix boss replied. ‘In any form.’

In other news, Netflix loves money.

Will it be hard getting all those people together? Cera's arm had to be twisted to do S4.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
I watched "The Crash reel" on HBO last night, about the accident and recovery of Snowboarder Kevin Pearce. It was really crazy to see someone have such a traumatic brain injury and recover the way he did, but at the same time he still had a lot of issues.

Seeing your post reminded me of that

Ha, I watched it to.

Two takeaways-wow those brain injuries really really change who you are.

Second, his brother with down syndrome was one of the most amazing kids I've ever seen. So self aware and in tune to others emotions. The whole family wanted to speak up to kevin and it took his challenged brother to step up and do it. I had to watch the part about him many times.

Also seeing Sarah Burke interviewed then die during the filming was f***ed up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
Ha, I watched it to.

Second, his brother with down syndrome was one of the most amazing kids I've ever seen. So self aware and in tune to others emotions. The whole family wanted to speak up to kevin and it took his challenged brother to step up and do it. I had to watch the part about him many times.

I need to check this out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
Ha, I watched it to.

The video of Shaun White crashing face first into the edge of the half pipe and coming out with just a mark on his face was just nuts.

And yea, the interview of Sarah Burke was very sad and foretelling.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
What new shows are you guys going to check out in the fall??

Thinking I might try some of the new comedies on CBS and also Hostage

Fox is doing a remake of Gavin & Stacey, a BBC show that was on a few years.

Here's the pilot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukqHmIOMys

Here's the trailer for Fox's Us & Them, which is a mid-season replacement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0oMySm9Hew

I'm hoping it's good, but can't see how they can translate it to the US.