2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome BB episode. Let's speculate about the ricin.

Thought it somewhat odd that Jesse would still be keeping up "appearances", hiding the bong on Walt's visit. His buddies, in the Star Trek scene, made the bong(s) a prominent prop. Certainly seems plausible that Jesse is on the verge of cooperating with the authorities, if not suicide.

Could the ricin find it's way into some bongwater? Just throwing it out there.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
I was thinking suicide as well w/ Jesse. But on my "Betting Bad" predictions I went w/ Jesse going in to witness protection, so I guess I'll stick w/ that. I don't see him snitching, but suicide has always seemed in his cards.

When he walked out of the room during the Star Trek scene, for some reason I was sure we are about to hear a gunshot and Jesse's story was gonna be over. It would have been a ridiculous way to start the final 8 episodes, but it just seemed like that's where he was headed at that time.

That was an intense episode of Breaking Bad. A great way to start the final episodes.

The flash forward at the beginning seems like quite a bit of time had elapsed. The neighbor's reaction to "Hello Carol" led me to believe either Walt was thought to be dead or he's being sought for his crimes. It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I'm also looking forward to starting Low Winter Sun. Has anyone watched it yet?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
That was an intense episode of Breaking Bad. A great way to start the final episodes.

The flash forward at the beginning seems like quite a bit of time had elapsed. The neighbor's reaction to "Hello Carol" led me to believe either Walt was thought to be dead or he's being sought for his crimes. It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Well it was a continuation of the flash forward in the first episode of season 5. It was his next birthday, so no more than a year has passed.

Seeing Heisenberg written on the wall was one of the creepiest things ever. Now you know that EVERYTHING is public information - things are not going to end well.

Couldn't have been more than like 6-9 months I'd guess.

The house being trashed lead me to believe something big has to go down. A house does not fall apart that quickly if they move out.

The thing is, does Walt have six months to live?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
The house being trashed lead me to believe something big has to go down. A house does not fall apart that quickly if they move out.

The thing is, does Walt have six months to live?

I think it's safe to assume that (1) Hank doesn't back down, but instead forces Walt to go into hiding and a massive manhunt ensues, (2) the house was raided (hence the condition) and (3) Heisenberg becomes a house-hold name (queue the reaction of the neighbor being terrified, although I guess she could have been told Walt was dead and reacted that way because she thought she saw a ghost).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
True Blood is terrible. I mean, it's been terrible for a while, but that last episode (half being devoted to the funeral of a secondary character) was truly god-awful. It seems like the season finale isn't much to be excited about either. I think i'm finally done.

Deleted off DVR today. I'll just google Jessica.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
Couldn't have been more than like 6-9 months I'd guess.

Last season started with the flash-forward to Walter's 52nd birthday at the Dennys, and then later we saw his 51st birthday. It had been "3-4 months" based on things Marie said since Skyler had her meltdown and they took the kids, so there's about 8 months between Hank finding out and Walter coming back to the trashed house.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 11:36 AM)
I think it's safe to assume that (1) Hank doesn't back down, but instead forces Walt to go into hiding and a massive manhunt ensues, (2) the house was raided (hence the condition) and (3) Heisenberg becomes a house-hold name (queue the reaction of the neighbor being terrified, although I guess she could have been told Walt was dead and reacted that way because she thought she saw a ghost).

The house looks like it was heavily vandalized and trashed by kids (e.g. skateboarding in the drained pool). Heisenberg was also spray-painted on one of the walls, which would mean that Walt's story and alter ego became public knowledge.