Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That play before half was brutal by Wisc. How do you let anyone get behind you in that situation?

Was hoping Lane would stay. Hate him and USC so thought they deserved each other. Wonder if Ty Isaac transfers now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 07:04 AM)
USC bids adieu to Lane Kiffin

@USC_Athletics: Breaking news: Lane Kiffin has been relieved of his duties as USC's head football coach per AD Pat Haden.

It's like Christmas Day for my in - laws. Nobody out there liked him.

It's not often a college coach gets fired midseason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
One would think that College Gameday will be in Evanston next weekend.

We're going to have to get there insanely early to get our usual spots because of that. Might have to "tailgate" for 6 hours before the lots even open (they only open 4 hours before game time).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
By the way, early line is OSU -4. I'd be shocked if that's not at least 6 1/2 later in the week.

I would love to see the Cats win, but their performance so far this year has me worried. Fitz will have them ready to play though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
I would love to see the Cats win, but their performance so far this year has me worried. Fitz will have them ready to play though.

I can live with the first two games, their inability to crush two bad teams the last two weeks hasn't made me feel good. They were ultra-conservative with the play-calling and Mark was out, but you'd still think they'd score more running the ball. I want to break something every time they run an option play with Simien and Trumpy (for those that don't follow NU, Simien is basically a non-runner and Trumpy is slow as well).

I'm hoping that Mark will be back and give their running game enough punch to open up some passes. I don't think they can score enough to scare OSU throwing 20 passes and giving Trumpy a bunch of carries (I'm just assuming the Buckeyes will score at least 30).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
Glad my Hawkeyes are winning. Better then I expected them to be. Albeit, Gophers aren't that great.

Minnesota isnt great but its a game Iowa has found a way to stumble on the past few trips. Anytime you out-gain a conference opponent by 300 yards, that is pretty impressive.

Me and a friend were talking about the USC situation and I brought up a name that both of us thought would be perfect for them right now, Jim Tressel.

I think Del Rio would be a terrible hire

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
Me and a friend were talking about the USC situation and I brought up a name that both of us thought would be perfect for them right now, Jim Tressel.

I think Del Rio would be a terrible hire

Not sure you follow a slimeball like Kiffin with a guy who still has a show cause penalty to his name.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
As a USC fan, I'm really hoping for Chris Petersen.

Or that the Eagles go 3-13 and Kelly quits.

As Boise has lost its seat atop the throne, maybe he is finally ready to make a move. Just as long as it's not Del Rio.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
Asst strength coach was running money from agents to bama players, Ha Ha Dix suspended for taking the money, the coach also suspended.

Sounds like LOIC to me, and Bama would be a multiple offender.

Welp might be time for Saban to test his luck in the NFL again, huh?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Not sure you follow a slimeball like Kiffin with a guy who still has a show cause penalty to his name.

So tressel does have a show cause. We were discussing that.

Say he was hired effective immediately, do you think it applies to this season?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
Asst strength coach was running money from agents to bama players, Ha Ha Dix suspended for taking the money, the coach also suspended.

Sounds like LOIC to me, and Bama would be a multiple offender.

I'm sure they will find a way to get out of it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
So tressel does have a show cause. We were discussing that.

Say he was hired effective immediately, do you think it applies to this season?

Goes until 2016 I believe. It's not a crazy Bruce Pearl-like Show cause, but you still need to explain why you are hiring him to the NCAA. He has to miss the first 5 weeksand the bowl game if they make it. Other than that, progress reports every 6 months.

I dont believe USC could do that. Maybe a MAC team or something.