Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Goes until 2016 I believe. It's not a crazy Bruce Pearl-like Show cause, but you still need to explain why you are hiring him to the NCAA. He has to miss the first 5 weeksand the bowl game if they make it. Other than that, progress reports every 6 months.

I dont believe USC could do that. Maybe a MAC team or something.

I mean, right now it would be perfect. Hire him, let him take the penalty this season, let the interim HC run the show for now. It isnt as if they are going anywhere, they just lost their number 1 receiver, the team is in shambles.

Maybe I am looking at it too simplistic, i dont know

But looking at everything else that has gone on in the NCAA since Ohio State got hit, you would think the NCAA would be like "yea I guess that isnt so bad"

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asst strength coach was running money from agents to bama players, Ha Ha Dix suspended for taking the money, the coach also suspended.

Sounds like LOIC to me, and Bama would be a multiple offender.

NOTRE DAME 2012 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
Iowa State got hosed

I think he fumbled for sure but there was nothing in the video that could over turn the call.

With that said, if the Iowa St QB wasnt such a moron, they could've had a chance at a FG attempt. What was he thinking trying to run the ball there on 2nd and 10 with 33 seconds left?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 04:05 AM)
I think he fumbled for sure but there was nothing in the video that could over turn the call.

With that said, if the Iowa St QB wasnt such a moron, they could've had a chance at a FG attempt. What was he thinking trying to run the ball there on 2nd and 10 with 33 seconds left?

The replay clearly showed a fumble. It should have been overturned

Am I the only one thinking NW is going a bit overboard about their game tomorrow? Wilbon was on ESPN this morning (Mike & Mike and GameDay are also in town) and he was saying this is one of the biggest games in program history. Rose Bowl game > annual Big Ten game against OSU in my book.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
Am I the only one thinking NW is going a bit overboard about their game tomorrow? Wilbon was on ESPN this morning (Mike & Mike and GameDay are also in town) and he was saying this is one of the biggest games in program history. Rose Bowl game > annual Big Ten game against OSU in my book.

Are you trying to say that Michael Wilbon is exxaggerating and full of hyperbole?

how dare you?

Well, the game isnt annual. They havent played since 2008. It's also one of their only primetime games ever. It's a very bg game for exposure for them.

You named one game. I'd say this is absolutely one of the biggest games in the program's history.

On a side note, I apparently could have been able to meet the gameday crew tomorrow(which would have meant Samantha Ponder!!!!) if I wasn't stuck in Wisconsin. :(

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
You named one game. I'd say this is absolutely one of the biggest games in the program's history.

On a side note, I apparently could have been able to meet the gameday crew tomorrow(which would have meant Samantha Ponder!!!!) if I wasn't stuck in Wisconsin. :(

She is f***ing gorgeous. I get the impression she's a need b**** though. Ponder wears his wedding ring during games, I bet she makes him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)

I guess I view conference championship implicating game as more important than an early big ten matchup, even if on national tv. Of course, I'm also probably understating how awful NW football was in the past compared to where it is now (even though I don't think the "now" is anywhere close to where Greenberg and Wilbon think it is).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:11 AM)
She is f***ing gorgeous. I get the impression she's a need b**** though. Ponder wears his wedding ring during games, I bet she makes him.

Heidi Watney is the Mecca for me right now.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
I guess I view conference championship implicating game as more important than an early big ten matchup, even if on national tv. Of course, I'm also probably understating how awful NW football was in the past compared to where it is now (even though I don't think the "now" is anywhere close to where Greenberg and Wilbon think it is).

There was a time when they set the NCAA record for most consecutive losses. They had one spike of success with Barnett, but other than that they have been bad.

1972-1994: Years of futility[edit]

Northwestern's decline began in 1972, with a 2–9 season, and the Wildcats failed to win more than four games through 1975.[20] After Northwestern beat Wyoming on September 15, 1979, the Wildcats began a streak of notority, and lost their remaining games on the season.[21] Following a winless 1980 season, Northwestern president Robert Strotz dismissed athletic director John Pont and head coach Rick Venturi, who finished 1-31-1 in three seasons.[22]

During the offseason, Stanford offensive coordinator Dennis Green was hired to replace Venturi, becoming the first black coach in the history of the Big Ten [23] Green was unable to prevent the team from setting the NCAA Division I record for consecutive losses during the 1981 season. A 61-14 loss to Michigan State was the Wildcats' 29th loss in a row, breaking its shared record with Kansas State and Virginia.[24] At the close of the game, Northwestern students rushed the field to "celebrate," and chanted "we're the worst!".[25] Finally, on September 25, 1982, "the Streak" ended at 34 consecutive games with a win over Northern Illinois. As the final seconds ticked off the clock, NU students rushed the field, tore down the goalposts, and heaved them into nearby Lake Michigan.[26]

Northwestern's former woes were in part due to the indifference of the school's administration in the 1970s and early 1980s, which resulted in a lower level of talent than that found at larger, public institutions. Northwestern is the lone private school in the Big Ten with only 7,600 undergraduates in 1994.[27]

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)

Well besides the Rose Bowl year when have they really been in a conference championship implicating game? And sure this is early in the season but it could have some serious ramifications on the Big 10 Championship this year. As Rock said as well, this game can be huge as far as recruiting goes with the extra exposure. This is pretty huge for that program.

Man, looking through wiki, it's disgusting how lopsided Big Ten football is:

Championships by school[edit]

Chicago 1896–1939 7 1924 1924

Illinois 1896–present 15 2001 2001

Indiana 1900–present 2 1967 1945

Iowa 1900–present 11 2004 1985

Michigan 1896–1906, 1917–present 42 2004 2003

Michigan State 1953–present 7 2010 1987

Minnesota 1896–present 18 1967 1941

Nebraska 2011–present 0 —— ——

Northwestern 1896–1906, 1908–present 8 2000 1995

Ohio State 1913–present 34^ 2009^ 2009

Penn State 1993–present 1† 1994† 1994

Purdue 1896–present 8 2000 1929

Wisconsin 1896–present 14 2012 2012

The fact that MN is 3rd and IL is 4th is laughable.

One way or another I hope NW gets beat tomorrow. It's going to make me throw up in my mouth rooting for OSU, but so be it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
One way or another I hope NW gets beat tomorrow. It's going to make me throw up in my mouth rooting for OSU, but so be it.

Forget that, Go Cats. I've come to realize that I am in the minority amongst Illini fans in that I like Northwestern.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
Forget that, Go Cats. I've come to realize that I am in the minority amongst Illini fans in that I like Northwestern.

I wouldn't say that I like them, but I certainly like them more than OSU. Bunch of free tattoo-getters.