Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
The back angle where there is no depth perception? His knee was down and the. He was short. The 75 holding calls that were blown help nw anyway. Escaped and advanced.

His knee was definitely not down and I think he did get the 1st but as you said no depth perception on that one angle so we have no idea. I'm still wondering how they don't have a camera on the other side of the field.

With less than a yard to go I think he got it, there was a little surge at the end that should have got him what he needed.... but, even as a NU fan, I think its really hard to be indisputable on that call.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
hopefully 0 or 1 loss SEC team and one of FSU,Clemson,Oregon,Stanford can run the table so we dont get to see another national title mismatch.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ohio St in the national title game if it means Nortwestern is in the Rose Bowl...Plus I like looking at the bright side with the whole "Well at least the lost was to the Nat'l champs" thought process.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 05:10 AM)
Or all the refs and the replay official.

The play was never confirmed so you are wrong again.

The line judge didn't even know. He started back beyond the first down, then inexplicably came in front of it at the last second for the spot. Didn't make sense. On ESPN.com they have an angle that shows he got it. Should put any doubt away.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
The play was never confirmed so you are wrong again.

The line judge didn't even know. He started back beyond the first down, then inexplicably came in front of it at the last second for the spot. Didn't make sense. On ESPN.com they have an angle that shows he got it. Should put any doubt away.

That sucks.

I -think- he got it, but no angle was indisputable. I thought the sideline judge running to the play from the top of the screen was all over the place when he ran onto the field, I had no idea where it was going to be spotted.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
I -think- he got it, but no angle was indisputable. I thought the sideline judge running to the play from the top of the screen was all over the place when he ran onto the field, I had no idea where it was going to be spotted.

Yes, it looked like he clearly got it, but once the initial spot was made there was no way they were overturning it. It was a bad spot, but there's nothing you can do there. He probably shouldn't have challenged since there was no clear evidence that would have overturned it.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 04:23 AM)
Yes, it looked like he clearly got it, but once the initial spot was made theotherwise.was no way they were overturning it. It was a bad spot, but there's nothing you can do there. He probably shouldn't have challenged since there was no clear evidence that would have overturned it.

I think the near sideline judge convinced the the one with the good angle that he was down when he fumbled the snap. The running in made no sense otherwise.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
I think the near sideline judge convinced the the one with the good angle that he was down when he fumbled the snap. The running in made no sense otherwise.

I think you're right. One was running in for the spot and it was closer to the correct spot than the one given.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
Really obvious he was short.

Dude, no.

And I'm an objective observer who cut the highlight for TV.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 12:16 AM)
NWU2.jpg

That's really not all that definitive.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 12:21 AM)
He doesn't have the ball yet. It's very clear on the replay that his knee is off the ground when he gains control of the ball.

Looks pretty secure there. Hand wrapped around ball, ball on ground, knee on ground.