Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
Reality check for Illinois. I'm not a Tim Banks fan but there is absolutely no talent on this defense and Scheelhaase is who we thought he is. Bad arm, not accurate and can't deal with pressure. I can't wait for Lunt next year.

We all knew this game was coming, it really wasn't surprising to me. Defense is so damn young and inexperienced right now, not a ton we can do.

We made no adjustments to the pressure, everything was Scheelhaase backpedal and toss it short.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Yeah I think Beckman needs to fire him now to save his own job.

Barring an epic collapse of not winning another game and looking terrible doing so, Beckman has already got himself another year.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
Pitt's defense was top 20 last year and returned 9 starters. Maryland was one of the best defenses in the country coming into today.

Pittsburgh looked bad against Duke too. Only time they looked good was when they played two bad teams, New Mexico and UVA.

Maryland is horrible. A lot of teams would be ranked where they are if they played Old Dominion, UCONN, Florida International and West Virginia.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
Reality check for Illinois. I'm not a Tim Banks fan but there is absolutely no talent on this defense and Scheelhaase is who we thought he is. Bad arm, not accurate and can't deal with pressure. I can't wait for Lunt next year.

What was the excuse last year he took a top 20 defense and neutered it? Banks has not made 1 defensive adjustment at half in a year and a half. 40 plus pts and 500 plus yards against are the norm since the day he walked in. Bearcat fans felt the same way about him. I grow tired of the excuses made for Banks. The defense is 100% reactive wait to see where the run or pass is going, and then get to the ball late. Can anyone remember an opposing QB having to take a timeout because the D look had him confused? I don't even recall seeing any audibles having to be called.

http://www.downthedrive.com/20...be-fired-for-it

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
Well if today is any indication they have one more win at most

Purdue should be another win, one of Indiana/Penn State game could go our way.

I see 4 wins realistically, 5 wins if the defense shows some improvement fast, and 6 wins is pretty much out of reach.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
Im glad they did, but he got the first down. It was clear from the back angle but you cant spot the ball so refs made the correct call for the review.

The back angle where there is no depth perception? His knee was down and the. He was short. The 75 holding calls that were blown help nw anyway. Escaped and advanced.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 04:50 AM)
The back angle where there is no depth perception? His knee was down and the. He was short. The 75 holding calls that were blown help nw anyway. Escaped and advanced.

His knee was absolutely not down. No idea what replay you were watching. He fell forward. That's all he had to do for a first down. Pretty obvious he got it.