Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 12:53 AM)
Hate to see a game end like that.

Yeah, that blows. Technology is both a blessing and a curse. My uncle tonight after the replay at the OSU game said, f***, with this s*** we would have won it all in '74. But truthfully, many of those games back in the day would have been totally altered. National titles, bowl titles etc would be TOTALLY different today with this tech.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 01:54 AM)
Yeah, that blows. Technology is both a blessing and a curse. My uncle tonight after the replay at the OSU game said, f***, with this s*** we would have won it all in '74. But truthfully, many of those games back in the day would have been totally altered. National titles, bowl titles etc would be TOTALLY different today with this tech.

Miami Hurricanes 1988 National Champs!!

honestly, the play that pissed me off the most was the 3rd and 1 after the Miller fumble. You CAN NOT run an option play with Mike Trumpy as the pitch man, especially against OSU. Of course the Buckeyes forced Colter to pitch it and Trumpy got stuffed. He's too damn slow to be a threat on the edge. That play was a killer because OSU had a short field after the punt/penalty and of course punched it in.

IU won! For the first time ever against Penn State. And it was by 20. Oh yes!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
I -think- he got it, but no angle was indisputable. I thought the sideline judge running to the play from the top of the screen was all over the place when he ran onto the field, I had no idea where it was going to be spotted.

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 05:16 PM)
IU won! For the first time ever against Penn State. And it was by 20. Oh yes!

Yeah, WTF? I wasn't even checking the game at all yesterday then the score popped up on my phone and I figured it was a mistake.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Yeah, WTF? I wasn't even checking the game at all yesterday then the score popped up on my phone and I figured it was a mistake.

It was 21-17 early in the 4th quarter. Roberson ran one in to make it 28-17. Defense made a stop, then Kofi Hughes made a fantastic sliding catch for a touchdown. On the ensuing kickoff, Penn State fumbled and IU recovered, and Tre Roberson ran it in 10 yards on the first play to make it 42-17 with 10:32 left. Everyone was just kinda stunned.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
It was 21-17 early in the 4th quarter. Roberson ran one in to make it 28-17. Defense made a stop, then Kofi Hughes made a fantastic sliding catch for a touchdown. On the ensuing kickoff, Penn State fumbled and IU recovered, and Tre Roberson ran it in 10 yards on the first play to make it 42-17 with 10:32 left. Everyone was just kinda stunned.

Indiana's offense is pretty dang good, once again. Sudfeld will be playing on Sundays IMO. The defense played better than I have ever seen. Hard to believe they lose I think 2 starters to graduation. Make a bowl this year, and Indiana should be a top 25 level team next year. I can't believe I just typed that.

Also heard Lou Holtz say Indiana will be Ohio States toughest matchup this year. LOL hard to believe, but I guess it was one heck of a game last season.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
Indiana's offense is pretty dang good, once again. Sudfeld will be playing on Sundays IMO. The defense played better than I have ever seen. Hard to believe they lose I think 2 starters to graduation. Make a bowl this year, and Indiana should be a top 25 level team next year. I can't believe I just typed that.

Also heard Lou Holtz say Indiana will be Ohio States toughest matchup this year. LOL hard to believe, but I guess it was one heck of a game last season.

Doesn't seem like that would be true, though I suppose IU has played them tough the past two years (52-49 loss last year, tied at halftime the year before when IU went 1-11).

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Doesn't seem like that would be true, though I suppose IU has played them tough the past two years (52-49 loss last year, tied at halftime the year before when IU went 1-11).

Look at OSU's schedule though. Other than Michigan, I'd say Holtz is right. They play Iowa, Penn State, @ Purdue, @ Illinois, Indiana, @ Michigan.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
Look at OSU's schedule though. Other than Michigan, I'd say Holtz is right. They play Iowa, Penn State, @ Purdue, @ Illinois, Indiana, @ Michigan.

Given that, I agree it's the second toughest behind @Michigan.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)

No offense to an improving IU but Wisconsin at night back to back with @NW on primetime was the toughest stretch. Two ranked teams in primetime back to back.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
No offense to an improving IU but Wisconsin at night back to back with @NW on primetime was the toughest stretch. Two ranked teams in primetime back to back.

I was just referring to their upcoming schedule. If Holtz actually meant the entire season, then he's as dumb as he sounds.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 10:21 AM)
I was just referring to their upcoming schedule. If Holtz actually meant the entire season, then he's as dumb as he sounds.

Michigan is still probably the toughest since its the Game. Also OSU sucks donkey balls @ILL.

Man, if there is ever a time where Mizzou could beat Georgia, it would be this week. String of injuries for Georgia's playmakers on offense, a struggling defense vs. Mizzou who is remarkably healthy.

Will be interesting to see, Murray has been clutch as hell for them though, and Georgia's 3rd string RBs are better than most teams first.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
Michigan is still probably the toughest since its the Game. Also OSU sucks donkey balls @ILL.

OSU has won the last 9 games in Champaign. It's when they play in Columbus that Illinois steps up their game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
OSU has won the last 9 games in Champaign. It's when they play in Columbus that Illinois steps up their game.

Several of those games were pretty close and decided late; only 1 or 2 blowouts if I recall. For some reason, OSU v. Ill games tend to run closer than you'd expect. Don't see it this year, though.