Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embarrassing, Soxtalk would have been smart enough to run the ball in the 4th quarter, and grind it out. Nope, our dumbass coaching staff think its the right time to throw to guys who haven't been open all day.

8-4 here we come.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
Embarrassing, Soxtalk would have been smart enough to run the ball in the 4th quarter, and grind it out. Nope, our dumbass coaching staff think its the right time to throw to guys who haven't been open all day.

8-4 here we come.

I was watching the Gators continue to look like s*** on offense so I didnt see most of the game but Spurrier pussed out on the last drive. First down wins it and he played scared. I know the starter got knocked out but he's got to throw the ball on 3rd down.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
I was watching the Gators continue to look like s*** on offense so I didnt see most of the game but Spurrier pussed out on the last drive. First down wins it and he played scared. I know the starter got knocked out but he's got to throw the ball on 3rd down.

I've NEVER seen him coach and playcall so badly. I honestly don't understand what he was doing. Had the ball at midfield, less than 6 minutes to go, and the SEC leading rusher in the backfield. What do you do? Throw it incomplete twice, and QB scramble? He better take the blame for this one wholeheartedly, the team almost won in spite of whatever the hell he was doing.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)
I've NEVER seen him coach and playcall so badly. I honestly don't understand what he was doing. Had the ball at midfield, less than 6 minutes to go, and the SEC leading rusher in the backfield. What do you do? Throw it incomplete twice, and QB scramble? He better take the blame for this one wholeheartedly, the team almost won in spite of whatever the hell he was doing.

Agree with you there. We all were saying Spurrier was f***ing yall over. Could not understand the play calling when Davis had been running great. Spurrier's cockiness lost y'all that game.

On the flip side, Tennessee left a lot of points on the field. We screwed up a lot, and yet found a way to win. Proud of the Vols today. The defense only gave up 12 yards in the 4th Q. They kept giving the offense chances to pull it and out we finally capitalized (due to an amazing catch by the freshman WR).

Edited by dasox24

Missouri is on the verge of basically sealing up the SEC East if they beat South Carolina next week. They'd have a two-game lead on everyone plus tiebreakers on the main contenders (unless Tennessee wants to get hot, but they also have to go to Columbia).

Mizzou's pass rush is f***ing insane. I know Florida sucks at offense, but man. Still, if the Gators had been committed to running the ball they probably would have fared better. Their QB sucks at passing and Mizzou's pass rush was dominant. You simply have to focus on the run in that match up.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)
Pretty much. Gallon with a historic day.

What a catch by Hughes on that last TD, should have been a pick.

WHY THE HELL IS JEREMY GALLON THAT WIDE OPEN

Lol he has over 300 yards and they completely forgot about him on that play.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
Lol he has over 300 yards and they completely forgot about him on that play.

Seriously.

Apparently 405 yards is the single game FBS receiving record...I would be surprised at this point if Gallon DOESN'T break it. He's at 343.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Seriously.

Apparently 405 yards is the single game FBS receiving record...I would be surprised at this point if Gallon DOESN'T break it. He's at 343.

The defense has to keep letting Indiana score so blue has to keep passing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
The game is in Ann Arbor. Michigan in a rout.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
Just read that it's the smallest point spread for this match up in a decade (8.5).

Guess I was wrong. Indiana is hanging with them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
I've tried to defend it just because I grew up on it and it's really the only college football I follow.

Its really a terrible conference this year. Only Ohio St should be ranked and they are ranked way too high.