Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 05:42 PM)
Not having a rooting interest this UM-IU game is the best thing ever.

Yeah, that was good fun. I feel bad for IU, but that game was going to be gravy for them. Win the winnable games at home and bowl.

Hypothetically, if I were an AD and my football coach ever ran a play from the pistol formation on 4th and goal from the 6-inch line, I'd fire his f***ing ass on the spot. I wouldn't even let him finish the game. There's no excuse for that kind of stupidity.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 12:47 AM)
Blown horse collar call costs A&M against Auburn, but ultimately A&M's defense was so bad. A&M's o-line also let them down on the last drive.

Anyone else think Manziel was faking that shoulder injury?

Why would he miss a crucial series if he was faking it?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
So, if Trevor Simien is NU's starting quarterback, bet big against them. Awful.

Sigh, I remember posting a question about whether he'll be drafted next year. He was good against Ohio State but he's just been dreadful the last 2 weeks.

I still wouldn't mind the Bears taking him in the 7th or as an UDFA.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
Sigh, I remember posting a question about whether he'll be drafted next year. He was good against Ohio State but he's just been dreadful the last 2 weeks.

I still wouldn't mind the Bears taking him in the 7th or as an UDFA.

It started in the second half against OSU when they realized he can't handle pressure. He threw a horrific pick deep in their own territory and they stalled two other times with him (plus another time when he came in after NU got a first and goal). Lawrence's catch and run prevented it from being a complete disaster.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 11:12 PM)
totally forgot about that game. I guess I didnt miss much.

Shortly after Tommy Rees got injured and it was a battle of the punters and missed USC field goals I fell asleep. Irish fans never appreciate Tommy Rees until they see how absolutely horrid the offense is without him.