Engagement Rings

iamshack

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, just paid for the ring...should be ready next week sometime...now that we've closed on the house and have an idea of what we're looking at as far as renovations/expenses, I figured I may as well get it paid for...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Well, just paid for the ring...should be ready next week sometime...now that we've closed on the house and have an idea of what we're looking at as far as renovations/expenses, I figured I may as well get it paid for...

Good luck, dont get nervous, she'll be happy regardless of how it happens.

Hah...thanks guys...I'm not going to do anything elaborate...probably just one night in the new house I will make my move...it's not exactly a surprise or anything since we just bought a house together, but the timing will be, since she doesn't know what my plans are in terms of getting the ring.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
Hah...thanks guys...I'm not going to do anything elaborate...probably just one night in the new house I will make my move...it's not exactly a surprise or anything since we just bought a house together, but the timing will be, since she doesn't know what my plans are in terms of getting the ring.

Knock'er dead!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
Have a talk with her about how you are committed but don't feel it's necessary to make it "official" by getting a ring/going through a ceremony. When she's good and emotional after that talk, whip it out. BAM. Perfect proposal.

The ring or....

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
Have a talk with her about how you are committed but don't feel it's necessary to make it "official" by getting a ring/going through a ceremony. When she's good and emotional after that talk, whip it out. BAM. Perfect proposal.

60% of the time it works every time?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, went and did it again...traded in my Q5 for an Audi TT convertible...the girlfriend has always wanted a convertible, and I want my sports car back. I don't need the suv for the dogs anymore because she has a Honda Pilot that is paid off. Driving to SLC tomorrow to pick it up. Probably will take her for a spin when I get back tomorrow afternoon and pop the question...I think she'll be a happy girl...here's hoping she will anyways...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
Well, went and did it again...traded in my Q5 for an Audi TT convertible...the girlfriend has always wanted a convertible, and I want my sports car back. I don't need the suv for the dogs anymore because she has a Honda Pilot that is paid off. Driving to SLC tomorrow to pick it up. Probably will take her for a spin when I get back tomorrow afternoon and pop the question...I think she'll be a happy girl...here's hoping she will anyways...

Baller.....good luck man!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)

How'd it go?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
Btw, I was slightly surprised by the fact that the last five couples I know to be married or engaged purchased rings online.

I got mine online at JamesAllen.com

Very solid experience...I recommend them highly. The ring is gorgeous...and unlike blue nile, they actually have the diamonds in their possession, so they have very high resolution pictures available to look for inclusions, etc. I actually was able to see the diamond much better that way then trying to look at them in stores in person.

They send a discrete FedEx box for delivery, in case she intercepts it, and it comes with a very nice box, an appraisal, etc.

I felt like everything was extremely well-priced, and she is absolutely in love with it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
How'd it go?

It went great. Came home with the car, she was all oogling over it and wanted to sit in the driver's seat and had this big smile on her face. I got down on a knee and said my little spiel. She was totally surprised, and very, very happy. We went out last night and celebrated with some friends of ours and had a great evening.

Thanks for asking!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
It went great. Came home with the car, she was all oogling over it and wanted to sit in the driver's seat and had this big smile on her face. I got down on a knee and said my little spiel. She was totally surprised, and very, very happy. We went out last night and celebrated with some friends of ours and had a great evening.

Thanks for asking!

Congrats buddy!