2013 Minor League Transactions

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 08:50 AM)
They may like Lars' talent, but a .553 OPS after 266 PAs is Andy Gonzalez in the majors bad. That's my guess.

Yeah, and McDade hasn't been special either. At least one of those will go, if not two.

This does tell me that the org apparently doesn't believe in Dan Black. Which is a mild surprise to me, given his offensive output, but there are probably things we don't see/know about him.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Brandon Brennan is having TJ surgery tomorrow. He had been struggling in Kanny, then had a pretty nice June, before he hit the DL. Probably out for the season, but I am trying to confirm that with him directly.

That sucks. It means 13 and 14 are wasted seasons for him.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
OF Brandon Short also released.

That's the OF overflow we knew was coming with Jacobs' arrival. Earley moved up to AAA, which is good for him. When Konerko finishes his rehab it will be interesting to see where each of those guys plays. Thompson is the only one with the arm for RF so he will probably stay there like today. Jacobs probably splits between LF and DH, but I have a feeling they will give him more time in LF to continue to work on his defense. That leaves Walker and Mitchell splitting CF and DH on most days. Let's see if it plays out that way.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
That's the OF overflow we knew was coming with Jacobs' arrival. Earley moved up to AAA, which is good for him. When Konerko finishes his rehab it will be interesting to see where each of those guys plays. Thompson is the only one with the arm for RF so he will probably stay there like today. Jacobs probably splits between LF and DH, but I have a feeling they will give him more time in LF to continue to work on his defense. That leaves Walker and Mitchell splitting CF and DH on most days. Let's see if it plays out that way.

There is a pretty good chance that a job in the WS OF is opening up here anyday now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
I'd bet that one of Rios, Viciedo, and/or De Aza gets traded in the next two weeks.

That's fine, but that doesn't really alter the AA OF. None of those guys should move up.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
That's fine, but that doesn't really alter the AA OF. None of those guys should move up.

It probably means one of the AAA guys moves up, with a chance that one of the AA moves up next, I'd guess Mitchell as a back up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
It probably means one of the AAA guys moves up, with a chance that one of the AA moves up next, I'd guess Mitchell as a back up.

Earley already moved up to Charlotte today.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Jordan Danks would probably get the call if/when someone is moved. No one else is even close.

I'm dreaming of a White Sox outfield of Tekotte, Danks and Casper Wells. #1 pick next year lookin' good.