Alex Rodriguez...Yes or No

ZionrulZ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I defer to one who knows all. I have changed my mind, we now need A Rod

You're an idiot. I NEVER said I'd do it; I just asked if you thought the Sox should consider it.

Here's the point (once again)...IF he becomes available and IF at that time he's the best option for the Sox (ALL things considered), I think the Sox might (should) consider signing him.

Reading is a skill, people.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
IF the Yankees are successful at voiding the remainder of A-Rod's contract, and IF his surgery is successful (and he passes a drug test(s)), would you take a flyer on him if you were the White Sox?

Absolutely. For the right price, I wouldn't be opposed.

Latest report says it is very unlikely ARod ever plays for the Yankees again. His hip will either be declared a career ending injury or they will work out some sort of settlement. If the Yankees won't have him, I believe we have seen the last of ARod on a MLB diamond.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,7665511.story

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
You're an idiot. I NEVER said I'd do it; I just asked if you thought the Sox should consider it.

Here's the point (once again)...IF he becomes available and IF at that time he's the best option for the Sox (ALL things considered), I think the Sox might (should) consider signing him.

Reading is a skill, people.

eye cn red, eym naht stewpit

But honestly, I dont even think it should be considered for distraction alone, much less declining skills.

But you are sure the Sox suck and their FO sucks, so im not surprised.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:45 AM)
Latest report says it is very unlikely ARod ever plays for the Yankees again. His hip will either be declared a career ending injury or they will work out some sort of settlement. If the Yankees won't have him, I believe we have seen the last of ARod on a MLB diamond.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,7665511.story

I personally think his career is over, but if he gets healthy and is feeling good, he can be productive for a club. Although I don't know if I were him whether I'd want to play or just kind of fade out of the spotlight and enjoy the few hundred million I made in my career.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
I personally think his career is over, but if he gets healthy and is feeling good, he can be productive for a club. Although I don't know if I were him whether I'd want to play or just kind of fade out of the spotlight and enjoy the few hundred million I made in my career.

He can jump on with sammy sosa and promote Injex23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)

But honestly, I dont even think it should be considered for distraction alone, much less declining skills.

Distraction? This team is in need of any attention.

Wrong!

My concerns are that Keppinger might not be a 160 game 3B and/or that Beckham (still) sucks. If one or both of these proves to be true, the Sox will have 1 (or 2) huge holes to fill in the IF.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
Wrong!

My concerns are that Keppinger might not be a 160 game 3B and/or that Beckham (still) sucks. If one or both of these proves to be true, the Sox will have 1 (or 2) huge holes to fill in the IF.

Yet still, Alex Rodriguez is a terrible idea. If Beckham sucks, Sanchez will get a shot. If Keppinger sucks, Sanchez will get a shot. If they both suck, Sanchez will get a shot and the White Sox will no longer be competing for a division anyways so why would they want ARod?

Use rational logic.

Yet still, Alex Rodriguez is a terrible idea. If Beckham sucks, Sanchez will get a shot. If Keppinger sucks, Sanchez will get a shot. If they both suck, Sanchez will get a shot and the White Sox will no longer be competing for a division anyways so why would they want ARod?

Use rational logic.

Agreed...although KW always seems to like to get "his guys", no matter how washed up they may be at the time. (See Griffey Jr, Manny, either Alomar, Fukudome, etc.). Hopefully, he won't (can't) influence Rick Hahn.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
Agreed...although KW always seems to like to get "his guys", no matter how washed up they may be at the time. (See Griffey Jr, Manny, either Alomar, Fukudome, etc.). Hopefully, he won't (can't) influence Rick Hahn.

There are plenty of other guys that he has had a crush on that he's never gotten too. It's just never going to make sense.

I also don't think KW has any real effect on roster decisions, though I'm sure he has a voice if asked. Personally, I don't believe he has had this for about 2 years.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)

Wait, so now you dont want them to take a flyer on ARod?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
If A-Rod gets his contract voided, it'll be because he's useless as a player. No one will want him.

it probably has more to do with the fact that he is die $114 million over the next 5 seasons. If that number was much lower, the Yankees wouldn't be as concerned about voiding it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
it probably has more to do with the fact that he is die $114 million over the next 5 seasons. If that number was much lower, the Yankees wouldn't be as concerned about voiding it.

No, the reason he's saying a voided A-Rod contract would mean he's untouchable is because he must have done something really, really bad to void the contract. MLB contracts are pretty iron-clad for the players, so there aren't many outs. The only eventuality that could lead to a voided contract is if something truly significant comes to light.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
No, the reason he's saying a voided A-Rod contract would mean he's untouchable is because he must have done something really, really bad to void the contract. MLB contracts are pretty iron-clad for the players, so there aren't many outs. The only eventuality that could lead to a voided contract is if something truly significant comes to light.

I agree with Littlehurt, if the Yankees owed him $10M there'd be no talk of voiding his contract. I would not be at all surprised if the Yankees hired their own investigators to see if ARod was involved in anything that could get his contract voided.