Alex Rodriguez...Yes or No

ZionrulZ

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)
Yeah, that was fun having Manny on the team shortly after his PED suspension. Fun times

Ramirez wasn't a failure because he was a distraction, he was a failure because he couldn't hit. If ARod can't play I don't want them to sign him.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
I agree with Littlehurt, if the Yankees owed him $10M there'd be no talk of voiding his contract. I would not be at all surprised if the Yankees hired their own investigators to see if ARod was involved in anything that could get his contract voided.

Didn't George Steinbrenner get kicked out of baseball a couple of years for doing that type of thing to Dave Winfield?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
Didn't George Steinbrenner get kicked out of baseball a couple of years for doing that type of thing to Dave Winfield?

Different era, back when MLB had a commisioner who wasn't an ex-owner. Besides, $114M is worth the risk of suspension.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
Ramirez wasn't a failure because he was a distraction, he was a failure because he couldn't hit. If ARod can't play I don't want them to sign him.

Why should we expect anything different from ARod.

And ManRam was a distraction from the moment he stepped into the dugout. I prefer no press as opposed to that circus.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)
I agree with Littlehurt, if the Yankees owed him $10M there'd be no talk of voiding his contract. I would not be at all surprised if the Yankees hired their own investigators to see if ARod was involved in anything that could get his contract voided.

That's almost certainly true. And not really my point. If they can get out of ARod's contract, then he did something significant enough to void an MLB contract.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
IF the Yankees are successful at voiding the remainder of A-Rod's contract, and IF his surgery is successful (and he passes a drug test(s)), would you take a flyer on him if you were the White Sox?

If Jerry Angelo were the GM, this farce would be closer to a reality.