2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
Dunn is batting 5th this year.

Wow! This is easily the best news I've heard all day. Someone woke me up about 4 in the morning to tell me we had just landed on the moon, and I thought that was pretty neat at the time, but now here it is only 11 hours later and I've just been told that Dunn's finally out of the 3 spot. I mean f*** yeah this day is awesome so far. Good for Robin. I'm gonna start calling him the Robinator, or maybe just "R" or "R-Ven" because that's probably how he refers to himself.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
Jordan Danks on a role after his miserable start. 2 for 2 today .BA up to .333 .

Yes. Before that game Friday, he looked brutal at the plate. It would be cool if he actually had an opportunity to outplay Wise for a spot, but I don't think it's going to happen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Yes. Before that game Friday, he looked brutal at the plate. It would be cool if he actually had an opportunity to outplay Wise for a spot, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Supposedly he switched up his batting stance again a few days ago, not sure where I heard that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
15 days away, but the opening day high temp is supposed to be 59. I'd take that.

Where are you getting that forecast? I've been checking periodically highest I've seen was 51. 59 would be amazing.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
Where are you getting that forecast? I've been checking periodically highest I've seen was 51. 59 would be amazing.

And now the high on opening day is 45.

It'll end up being what it usually is--52 and cloudy with possible rain.

Hard to believe with the weather like this they're playing baseball in Minneapolis and Chicago in two weeks.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 06:31 AM)
And now the high on opening day is 45.

It'll end up being what it usually is--52 and cloudy with possible rain.

Hard to believe with the weather like this they're playing baseball in Minneapolis and Chicago in two weeks.

As long as it's not freezing and doesn't get rained out I guess. Already put in for my day off from work.

With this Orioles/White Sox September 5th controversy, it got me looking at the schedule a little more closely.

Noticed the Sox scheduled Friday, September 13 at 1:05 for Yom Kippur. Again, the Sox are the only team to do this. Why is it so important to them and not any other team?

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
With this Orioles/White Sox September 5th controversy, it got me looking at the schedule a little more closely.

Noticed the Sox scheduled Friday, September 13 at 1:05 for Yom Kippur. Again, the Sox are the only team to do this. Why is it so important to them and not any other team?

I dunno, is Reinsdorf very observant?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
I dunno, is Reinsdorf very observant?

They never did it before last year, and that was for Youkilis. It's just weird the Sox are the only team that observes a special start time for Yom Kippur.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
They never did it before last year, and that was for Youkilis. It's just weird the Sox are the only team that observes a special start time for Yom Kippur.

Steve Stone?