2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

So, is Troncoso on this team? And if so whats his role? Long? He's been impressive this spring. Love that sinker. Would come in handy in some runners on jams this season...

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
With this Orioles/White Sox September 5th controversy, it got me looking at the schedule a little more closely.

Noticed the Sox scheduled Friday, September 13 at 1:05 for Yom Kippur. Again, the Sox are the only team to do this. Why is it so important to them and not any other team?

Apparently last year's time change had more to do with the fans than Youkilis.

The change of game time comes as a result of discussions and an agreement

between the White Sox and Indians, after a significant number of White Sox fans

reached out to the club with concerns over the original game time's conflict

with the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur.

"Over the past several weeks, we have had a number of our fans communicate

their concerns with the game's start time on September 25," said Brooks Boyer,

White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "Along with the

Cleveland Indians, we have agreed to move up the start time of the game to 1:10

p.m. to accommodate many fans' interests

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
More importantly, why don't they play more night games (any night games) near the end of ST? Talk about a change in schedule once the season begins...

This coming Friday and Saturday will be night games--both on TV too.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
So, is Troncoso on this team? And if so whats his role? Long? He's been impressive this spring. Love that sinker. Would come in handy in some runners on jams this season...

Extra veteran in the pen so that when Crain gets his normal injuries we don't have an entire bullpen under 25 like we did last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
How is Morel's back holding up? Can he make the team as a backup to Keppinger? I always kind of liked Morel for his defense.

Never hear anything bad about the back, but I think Gillaspie gets the nod and stays with Keppinger

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 17m

Dunn says he'll play left field on Wednesday, sox lose

When I first read it, I thought Gonzales was inferring that the Sox have zero chance to win Wednesday with Dunn in LF.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
But he gets so many clutch walks.

Just going through this thread, and I don't know if it's the color, my monitor or my eyes, but that "cl" looks like a "d". I thought to myself, "what the hell is a dutch walk?" Then I laughed. Now I'm going to be giggling every time I see the Big Donkey taking a dutch walk.

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
Just going through this thread, and I don't know if it's the color, my monitor or my eyes, but that "cl" looks like a "d". I thought to myself, "what the hell is a dutch walk?" Then I laughed. Now I'm going to be giggling every time I see the Big Donkey taking a dutch walk.

A dutch walk is very good because it costs the pitcher 7 pitches - ball, strike, ball, strike, ball, foul, ball.

Sorta like a Dutch 200 in bowling.

(making this up on the fly)

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
A dutch walk is very good because it costs the pitcher 7 pitches - ball, strike, ball, strike, ball, foul, ball.

Sorta like a Dutch 200 in bowling.

(making this up on the fly)

:lol: