2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
27 wallks, 6 strikeouts in Rookie, low A and AA this season in 15 IP. Mayne sign him to a minor league contract once released, but I certainly wouldn't trade for him, unless they wanted Jared Mitchell.

Would be down for that.

Trying him as a starter completely screwed up his confidence and mechanics. Since he has a track record of success at the big league level, he should be in high demand.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
27 wallks, 6 strikeouts in Rookie, low A and AA this season in 15 IP. Mayne sign him to a minor league contract once released, but I certainly wouldn't trade for him, unless they wanted Jared Mitchell.

Sounds like someone has Ankeil syndrome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
Sounds like someone has Ankeil syndrome.

One of the craziest things I have seen happen on a baseball diamond. Ankiel was flat out dominant all year, then just lost it. I remember watching that playoff game

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 03:49 AM)
A truly legitimate ultimate grand slam has only happened once in baseball history. Kinda bizarre considering the sheer amount of them that we have all hit in our youths via our imagination. Would truly be something to witness in game seven of a World Series.

Huh? What's that?

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 08:15 AM)
Rays are making the AL Wildcard race interesting.

Indians, Orioles 2 back. Yankees 2.5 back.

Too bad the Royals had an awful May, and mediocre recently.

Is it still a race if nobody is at the game to see it? The Orioles played in Cleveland Tuesday night and the announced attendance was 9,962.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
Is it still a race if nobody is at the game to see it? The Orioles played in Cleveland Tuesday night and the announced attendance was 9,962.

The Sox have some bandwagon fans, but Cleveland might be the worst fan base in baseball.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
What about Miami?

Miami is a pretty new franchise in a city that has no fans at all. No one cares about anything down there, which is what makes Cleveland so bad. They have had baseball for a century, and are all Indians fans, and they still can't get anyone to go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
Miami is a pretty new franchise in a city that has no fans at all. No one cares about anything down there, which is what makes Cleveland so bad. They have had baseball for a century, and are all Indians fans, and they still can't get anyone to go.

I remember when they had that consecutive sellout streak going at the jake. What happened to end that?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
I remember when they had that consecutive sellout streak going at the jake. What happened to end that?

Maybe not directly, but the Browns coming back to Cleveland took away entertainment dollars from the Indians.