Game Thread 4/24: CLE @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Career minor league numbers:

Danks ..268/.355/.426 steals about 15 bases a year

Tekotte .268/.355/.444 steals about 30 bases a year.

Wow, you just tried using career minor league averages to prove one player is better than another. Talk about fun with numbers.

Why don't you look at their AAA numbers and adjust them for league differences? Oh wait, that would support my point!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
Wow, you just tried using career minor league averages to prove one player is better than another. Talk about fun with numbers.

Why don't you look at their AAA numbers and adjust them for league differences? Oh wait, that would support my point!

You told me to check their minor league numbers to determine who is better. Not that minor league numbers determine who is better, but you would think someone mentioning minor league numbers as the proof one player is better than another would have at least looked at their minor league numbers before making that claim. I just did what you said. Sorry. At least the Sox were able to overcome Jordan Danks sitting on the bench today.

Edited by Dick Allen

All things being equal, Tekotte has a bit more speed and Danks a bit more power, but it's not like there's a CLEAR difference.

Both are mid 20's candidates for 4th outfielder (bad teams) or the final spot on the roster (good teams).

Maybe some Sox fans WANT Danks to succeed more or hype him because of his brother, but he hasn't done much (yeah, he had one game winning homer last year) to warrant the hype...if he existed alone in isolation and there was no John Danks we were on the hook for $50 million or whatever, he wouldn't matter so much or be such a hot topic of discussion/debate.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
All things being equal, Tekotte has a bit more speed and Danks a bit more power, but it's not like there's a CLEAR difference.

Both are mid 20's candidates for 4th outfielder (bad teams) or the final spot on the roster (good teams).

Maybe some Sox fans WANT Danks to succeed more or hype him because of his brother, but he hasn't done much (yeah, he had one game winning homer last year) to warrant the hype...if he existed alone in isolation and there was no John Danks we were on the hook for $50 million or whatever, he wouldn't matter so much or be such a hot topic of discussion/debate.

I agree with this. If the White sox need either player to be successful in order for the team to be successful, they are in a lot more trouble than even the biggest pessimists think.