Jays @ Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Mistake #7 this game.

4 on the Cubans, combined.

SHEESH.

We really don't deserve to win this game. It's almost (and I said ALMOST) to the point where they need to learn that you can't give up 7 outs combined offensively/defensively...and still win.

Not rooting for a loss, but pretty much disgusted with our complete lack of accountability.

I am, and in fact I hope it becomes legendary for the amount of miscues carrying on through the game. The more embarrassing, the more likely someone will take a look at this accountability issue.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistake #8 tonight, only the 3rd error for Conor.

And Dick Allen just jinxed the win, lol, by arguing that we were still winning. But we certainly don't deserve to be winning. The baseball gods always have a way of smiting teams that play like this.

When we played the Twins and made just 25% of the mistakes we're making, they ALWAYS took advantage, even though most of those Sox teams were more talented (compared to this Sox team, and vis a vis the Twins).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
The Blue Jays are TERRIBLE, except for Encarnacion and Bautista.

Wang is TERRIBLE.

There's no reason we would be winning this game if we weren't playing one of the worst teams in baseball.

It's not a team that's going to be able to compete with the Tigers, not without Konerko and Peavy.

Have you watched the entire game? Have you seen each of the 7 mistakes they've made? It's BAD.

And they are winning. They damn near swept the A's, a team your posts leading up to the actual games gave them no chance to win one.

I understand you think the Sox suck, and the situation is hopeless. You post it 500 times a day. If it is so horrible, why do you continue to subject yourself to it?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
And they are winning. They damn near swept the A's, a team your posts leading up to the actual games gave them no chance to win one.

I understand you think the Sox suck, and the situation is hopeless. You post it 500 times a day. If it is so horrible, why do you continue to subject yourself to it?

I'll ask again, have you seen every single mistake they've made tonight?

Our offense and our fundamentals are hopeless. Sometimes, I think the coaching staff is hopeless.

We still have the pitching.

Just like the Royals, who actually lead the AL in ERA, a lot of good that's done them...since their best hitting prospect is playing in AAA for the Rays.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)

But they did go 2-4 or 2-5 against the A's, yes?

But to answer your last question, that is the fate of White Sox fans, lol. If 2005 never happened, we would still be here, hoping they would turn it around, but probably even more skeptical...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:02 PM)
I'll ask again, have you seen every single mistake they've made tonight?

Our offense and our fundamentals are hopeless. Sometimes, I think the coaching staff is hopeless.

We still have the pitching.

Just like the Royals, who actually lead the AL in ERA, a lot of good that's done them...since their best hitting prospect is playing in AAA for the Rays.

The offense has been better the last week or so. The problem now is every error is magnified on this board. Ther have been too many of them, but it has been better lately, except tonight has been tough. I will say Alexei getting doubled off would have happened to just about everyone because even if you know the SS is playing right behind 2nd, when you see a liner up the middle your first instinct is going to be toward 3rd, and one step that way and you are dead.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
The offense has been better the last week or so. The problem now is every error is magnified on this board. Ther have been too many of them, but it has been better lately, except tonight has been tough. I will say Alexei getting doubled off would have happened to just about everyone because even if you know the SS is playing right behind 2nd, when you see a liner up the middle your first instinct is going to be toward 3rd, and one step that way and you are dead.

Which creates the question, would you really go out and add players and trade the likes of Erik Johnson at the deadline in order to go after the Tigers or one of the 2 wild card spots?

Your heart might say go for it, but it's hard for the brain and rational side to agree.

Great job by Nate Jones.

If he could pitch like that every time out (and granted, he would have walked Bautista), he would have the look of the classic closer with those 2 pitches.

Unfortunately, the control is never consistent enough. He's very streaky/erratic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
Seriously?

Probably just getting in work between starts.

I can't believe they'd have him warm up to face just one lefty hitter....unless they skipped his side session intentionally, or Thornton was unable to go today for some reason.

ADA stays really hot.

Also, T-Flow is approaching that .230 mark that many of us said we'd tolerate at the outset of the season. I'm guessing the threshold is a bit higher now that his defense has been disappointing.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
ADA stays really hot.

Also, T-Flow is approaching that .230 mark that many of us said we'd tolerate at the outset of the season. I'm guessing the threshold is a bit higher now that his defense has been disappointing.

He did block two pitches nicely that might have gotten away in key situations, after the passed ball earlier.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 03:17 AM)
ADA stays really hot.

I won't tolerate Tyler Flowers.