NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
That is exactly what Kyle was saying. He said MJ would be villianized for cheating on his wife like Tiger Woods. That is what this entire argument is about.

So everything is out there now about MJ, yet for a guy who hasn't played for 10 years, he's still raking in the cash. From 2010, 12 years after his heyday:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/53/celeb-...ordan_UGGU.html

Yeah, knowing Mike cheated on his wife and was rough on teammates and mean to Jerry Krause really made him less popular. GMAB.

He still makes $80 million a year in endorsements.

No, it wasnt. I said his image would be changed, and I also included his gambling as part of my argument. You changed it to "you guys think that people arent cheating now because of social media, LMFAO"

You also completely disregard the order of events and how social media destroyed Tigers image. Tiger still rakes in the cash, but not even in the same stratosphere of what he was making and what he would be making right now if that didnt happen to him.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
Bieber's popularity is with teens. That is why he and Miley are so googled. I doubt many 30 and ups google Biebs, and only the perverts that age google Miley.

According to Forbes, Biebs made $58 million in 2013. MJ pulled in $80 million. I guess being a youtube sensation doesn't pay off like selling shoes.

lmao. Is Bieber even 20 yet? How much money was Mike makin' at 20? You just forced me to stick up for Bieber. Shame on you.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
No, it wasnt. I said his image would be changed, and I also included his gambling as part of my argument. You changed it to "you guys think that people arent cheating now because of social media, LMFAO"

You also completely disregard the order of events and how social media destroyed Tigers image. Tiger still rakes in the cash, but not even in the same stratosphere of what he was making and what he would be making right now if that didnt happen to him.

Again, why isn't MJ's image ruined? All these things are out about him. His brand according to Forbes is bigger than ever.

It was 2 different animals. The thing that killed Tiger was his accident. Then the money grabbers, and the fact his wife was seen weekly at tournaments with their 2 toddlers. It was the perfect storm. MJ has been exposed. He hasn't lost endorsements. He is still raking in money with the best of them. You even wrote Tiger was exposed by the National Equirer, a rag sheet that has been around since at least the 70s which also featured stories of MJ cheating, yet no firestorm. There was a firestorm when Michael went gambling with his father before a playoff game with the Knicks. That fire was put out quickly and still would have been today because the guy did nothing but win.

And if you go back to my first post about this subject, I only mentioned the cheating, which you then argued.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
lmao. Is Bieber even 20 yet? How much money was Mike makin' at 20? You just forced me to stick up for Bieber. Shame on you.

What difference does it make how old you are if you are the most popular person on the planet chances are you will not be making only 75% in endorsements as a supposed has been.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
Again, why isn't MJ's image ruined? All these things are out about him. His brand according to Forbes is bigger than ever.

It was 2 different animals. The thing that killed Tiger was his accident. Then the money grabbers, and the fact his wife was seen weekly at tournaments with their 2 toddlers. It was the perfect storm. MJ has been exposed. He hasn't lost endorsements. He is still raking in money with the best of them. You even wrote Tiger was exposed by the National Equirer, a rag sheet that has been around since at least the 70s which also featured stories of MJ cheating, yet no firestorm. There was a firestorm when Michael went gambling with his father before a playoff game with the Knicks. That fire was put out quickly and still would have been today because the guy did nothing but win.

2 DIFFERENT ANIMALS IS RUINED AND CHANGED.

You obviously dont see the difference and you dont understand that if the s*** hit the fan through social media back in MJs heyday, he probably wouldnt be Mr Brand Name like he is now.

Look, Im done arguing with you now. You are wrong, thats all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
2 DIFFERENT ANIMALS IS RUINED AND CHANGED.

You obviously dont see the difference and you dont understand that if the s*** hit the fan through social media back in MJs heyday, he probably wouldnt be Mr Brand Name like he is now.

Look, Im done arguing with you now. You are wrong, thats all.

Again, the s*** has hit the fan on MJ and his brand is making more than ever. He hasn't lost endorsements, he's still making commercials..... If that is wrong, I hope I am never right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
Bieber's popularity is with teens. That is why he and Miley are so googled. I doubt many 30 and ups google Biebs, and only the perverts that age google Miley.

According to Forbes, Biebs made $58 million in 2013. MJ pulled in $80 million. I guess being a youtube sensation doesn't pay off like selling shoes.

She's 21. Do only perverts google Kate Upton?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)

Just so you know, this is the post I made that you started arguing with me:

I don't think infidelity would have been that big of an issue. Most professional athletes are doing the same thing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
Just so you know, this is the post I made that you started arguing with me:

I don't think infidelity would have been that big of an issue. Most professional athletes are doing the same thing.

I said im done. I am. The heads have been butted, half the participants in this thread do not care. Move along, move along

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Zzzzzzzzzzz

As a player - Jordan > James all day, everyday.

Only Jordan jockers think he would be "untouchable." The gambling stuff alone would be magnified times infinity in 2014.

Fixed

BTW, please change your handle to JamesForLife...thank you.

You ride his nuts worse than most LeBronites I encounter on other NBA forums.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
Like it or not, Miley is the most famous person on the planet.

Bieber was the number 4 most googled person in 2013.

Didn't Miley just have a huge hit song last year about some shoes from some former basketball player who retired ages ago? Some guy who wear #23, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong :ph34r:

Haters gon hate