NBA Thread 2013-2014

I've basically tuned the Bulls out. I can't watch a game and actively root against them even though we all know the smart basketball move is to tank, so I just ignore them and watch the scoreboard afterwards hoping we lost. :(

Sucks

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I've basically tuned the Bulls out. I can't watch a game and actively root against them even though we all know the smart basketball move is to tank, so I just ignore them and watch the scoreboard afterwards hoping we lost. :(

Sucks

At this point I've been furious at this sport for 3+ seasons and the last 3 have been hell. I am getting too used to tuning this league out.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
Who out there was a better pick after Teague?

Nobody in retrospect. Think two Baylor guys at the time were on the board.

Just didn't get drafting him than signing Kirk.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 12:27 AM)
Nobody in retrospect. Think two Baylor guys at the time were on the board.

Just didn't get drafting him than signing Kirk.

The Baylor guy that everyone wanted fell out of the lottery and went the pick before. Don't think he's done anything.

But yeah agreed the pick never made any sense.

I think our scouts had agreed with the early scouting consensus that Teague was a Top 15 guy and we just didn't do a lot of work on him. When he was still there at 30, we knew we weren't getting a guy we had scouted much, but we assumed was an absolute steal

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
This is crazy but if the season had ended today, Durant might just be the run away MVP.

You could've said the exact same thing this time last year. Then LeBron started caring and the Heat went like 40-2 to end the season.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
Paul George. Oh. My. God.

https://vine.co/v/hlXOOilF029

Like I said, a more athletic Scottie Pippen.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
Nah, the player

Oh, um, not sure what you mean. He's pretty much right there with Magic, no? He's in most people's top 6-10. That could change slightly with Kobe, Duncan, KG, and Dirk all just about at the end. Still seems like a pretty safe bet for top 10 regardless.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
Oh, um, not sure what you mean. He's pretty much right there with Magic, no? He's in most people's top 6-10. That could change slightly with Kobe, Duncan, KG, and Dirk all just about at the end. Still seems like a pretty safe bet for top 10 regardless.

He's been getting separated from magic recently in the top 10. It's weird. I agree with your overall premise though. No worries.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 11:00 PM)
He's been getting separated from magic recently in the top 10. It's weird. I agree with your overall premise though. No worries.

Only things about Bird that hurts him, imo, is he came in super late (wasn't he like 24 his rookie year?) and that back cut his longevity down by like a lot. But from 80-87 or '88, s***, I won't even hate on what he did those years. Spectacular.