NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
apparently, it's true... participated in shoot around today

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/25113944-57...d-shooting.html

Speaking of, there's been a lot of press recently about how odd it is NFL athletes have recently been able to cut rehab times in half (see Crabtree, Michael), and even Kobe, known to be an athlete on "cutting edge" of medical science made ridiculous return.

Meanwhile we haven't seen these for olympic athletes who have a very strict testing regimen.

Derrick Rose really seems to have been on a normal person's recovery time.

So, ethically, if you didn't have to know about it, would you have preferred some of the NFL treatments found their way to Rose and we get to watch him play, or prefer that we avoid cheating.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeMarrrrrrr

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion of this:

Jason Lloyd

‏@JasonLloydABJ

Deng this a.m. on possibility of returning to CHI next season: "Maybe they'll offer me 3yrs, $30 million. That might be an option to take."

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 7h

Apparently, the art of sarcasm is dead. Deng was tweaking Bulls' 3 yr./$30M offer. He's not coming back in free agency.

Of course, to your average person, $30M isn't a f***ing joke

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
Fantasy question. I'm in 1st place (w/Durant) and lost my 2nd point guard (1st rose, then Jrue) but have Isiah whose been good. Considering a Rubio/Love for Lee/Dirk deal. I'd be getting Rubio and Love. Does that make sense?

Hell f***ing yeah it does. You're getting back by far the best player in that deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 07:34 AM)
They'd be in the #8 slot right now if the season ended. They've got 15 wins, teams 12 and 13 are Charlotte and New Jersey with 18.

Playoff teams don't pick in the lottery. The Kings would have to finish with the 2nd best or best record of the non-playoff teams for the Bulls to get it, meaning they'd basically have to get to .500 to be in the running.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
If you're a marginal, almost-a-rotation-player guy or a not-close-to-starter guy, you come to Chicago. Thibs is going to get your ass paid

He's the Point Guard whisperer. First Nate Rob, now Augustin. Hell, even a scrub like John Lucas III put up some monster games as a Bull.

Fantasy question. I'm in 1st place (w/Durant) and lost my 2nd point guard (1st rose, then Jrue) but have Isiah whose been good. Considering a Rubio/Love for Lee/Dirk deal. I'd be getting Rubio and Love. Does that make sense?

For god's sake, get Love before the guy comes to his senses. Getting a desperately needed PG is just a bonus.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 04:38 AM)

I don't thing you need a PG that badly since Thomas has to be like top 3 in fantasy PGs this year.

But do it anyways for Love.

fake edit. I just Googled Thomas' numbers and his assists arent what I thought they were. Still probaly a top 5 pg left standing and that apg rate seems to be edging higher.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Yeah, it makes a ton of sense for you. Love is a tier above Dirk and Lee and Rubio will get you the assists you're going to need with Holiday out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
Speaking of, there's been a lot of press recently about how odd it is NFL athletes have recently been able to cut rehab times in half (see Crabtree, Michael), and even Kobe, known to be an athlete on "cutting edge" of medical science made ridiculous return.

Meanwhile we haven't seen these for olympic athletes who have a very strict testing regimen.

Derrick Rose really seems to have been on a normal person's recovery time.

So, ethically, if you didn't have to know about it, would you have preferred some of the NFL treatments found their way to Rose and we get to watch him play, or prefer that we avoid cheating.

I wouldn't care if I did know about it - hgh for all!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
Do what though?

The tank is definitely dead but unfortunately there's still nothing to cheer for.

I'm cheering for Jimmy Butler to hit 40% of his shots in a game. He's managed the feat just once in the last 11 games.

Edited by Steve9347

I bought league pass and I've watched maybe 2 games on it. I probably won't watch many more. The Bulls just aren't interesting, even if they get in as a 4 or 5 seed.

There's literally nothing to actually look forward to with this team this season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
Do what though?

The tank is definitely dead but unfortunately there's still nothing to cheer for.

Team has been pretty entertaining since DJ has come on and Noah has gotten healthy. Taj is having a really good year as is Snell. Team still plays hard every night and is has been winning like crazy.