NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
I find Augustine very fun to watch. If they can be as entertaining as last year in a lost Year, I'll take it I guess.

He's a much better pure PG than we are used to seeing, and especially since our offense sort of asks PG to score or shoot a lot and let bigs get put backs.

But, I have yet to see a Bulls Cavs game where Irving was not outplayed by our PGs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Team has been pretty entertaining since DJ has come on and Noah has gotten healthy. Taj is having a really good year as is Snell. Team still plays hard every night and is has been winning like crazy.

This is all true but they're still not going anywhere.

I guess I'm bitter but I still find no joy in this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)

Losing DR1 so early was morally devastating. I too find it hard to get excited.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)

In the NBA, you rarely have a team that is going somewhere. Bulls will definitely be in playoffs and depending on draw will get in 2nd round again. Imagine being a DET or CLE fan right now, you would crap your pants and that's a disappointment here.

I'd tell fellow Bulls fans to actually watch and enjoy Joakim Noah right now. He's averaging 11 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists and a block and a steal per game. Yeah, he gets injured, many 7 footers (close enough) have had trouble with injuries playing a sport this brutal. There are a handful of centers better than Noah right now, you can either drool over them or just enjoy actually watching a good one play in your jersey.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Imagine being a DET or CLE fan right now, you would crap your pants and that's a disappointment here.

They could conceivably start to build a better team depending on who they draft to pair with Drummond or Irving respectively.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
They could conceivably start to build a better team depending on who they draft to pair with Drummond or Irving respectively.

Like Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith and Anthony Bennett.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
Not really. Defense, passing/facilitating is still not close. LeBron could drop 30+ easy if he wasn't so efficiency obsessed.

People would argue that defense is much closer than you think. Lebron could drop 30+, but his efficiency wouldn't even come close to durant's so that doesn't really mean much. Durant is a much better scorer.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
Not really. Defense, passing/facilitating is still not close. LeBron could drop 30+ easy if he wasn't so efficiency obsessed.

Come on J4L, LeBron is already staring at 30 while Durant is just in his mid 20's. LeBron's athletic prime will come to an end and it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts his game but he won't be head and shoulders better than younger cats by then. I see KD being top dog within the next 3 years the way he's improving season by season.

We may already have seen the best of LeBron, I doubt that's the case with KD.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)
Come on J4L, LeBron is already staring at 30 while Durant is just in his mid 20's. LeBron's athletic prime will come to an end and it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts his game but he won't be head and shoulders better than younger cats by then. I see KD being top dog within the next 3 years the way he's improving season by season.

We may already have seen the best of LeBron, I doubt that's the case with KD.

Is LeBron as athletic as he was in 2009? Eye test says no. But he's clearly a better basketball player. Every aspect of LeBron's game (jumper, post-game, etc) has improved from years past. With his size/durability/IQ I have no doubt in my mind he'll remain elite well into his 30's. KD is just about flawless as a scorer. But the rest of his game comes up short when matched against LeBron and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Edited by Jordan4life

I think J4L was arguing that LBJ forfeits scoring opportunities for himself in favor of teamwide efficiency, something he thinks Durant contributes to less, despite perhaps being able to score more himself

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 09:24 PM)
I think J4L was arguing that LBJ forfeits scoring opportunities for himself in favor of teamwide efficiency, something he thinks Durant contributes to less, despite perhaps being able to score more himself

Of course...one could have said the same thing about Lebron a few years ago before he gave up and decided he couldn't win without a super team to stack the deck.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)

Do you really believe LeBron is not capable of 29-30 ppg? That was the whole point of leaving Cleveland. So that he wouldn't have to do that and lead the team in every other category. Durant is spectacular. I'm not hating at all. But he's not LeBron and probably never will be.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
Do you really believe LeBron is not capable of 29-30 ppg? That was the whole point of leaving Cleveland. So that he wouldn't have to do that and lead the team in every other category. Durant is spectacular. I'm not hating at all. But he's not LeBron and probably never will be.

The question then is how efficient Durant could be if he decided the league was too hard unlesshe had 2 allstars to make things easy for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
The question then is how efficient Durant could be if he decided the league was too hard unlesshe had 2 allstars to make things easy for him.

And like with 2k5, I can't talk to you when it comes to the Heat. Your hate is too high. I respect both of you as posters even though we agree on nothing. But you two just can't get over July 8, 2010. I wanted LeBron and Bosh and wouldn't have given two s***s on what other fanbases thought about it. I can't hate because it didn't work out the way I wanted it to.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)

He had two, and still would if not for the luxury tax. Martin and Ibaka don't exactly suck either.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
I have a hard time calling anyone a "much better scorer" than a guy that's shooting 58% from the floor while scoring 26 PPG. Better, okay. But that's still insane production and efficiency.

Lebron is taking ultra efficient shots for sure, but Durant is averaging 5 more PPG and isn't too far off TS% wise and he doesn't have the supporting cast that lebron has. Theres really nothing that would lead me to believe that lebron could come close to that efficiency while scoring 30 PPG. I just feel Durant is a much better scorer. I don't think Diaw will play 5 feet off of durant in the WCF.

Lebron is still most likely better overall, but the gap isn't really large at all.