NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
Lame. But I digress. Carmelo makes the Bulls legit, especially in the east. This franchise has to do something. 90210 was still goin' last time the Bulls were relevant.

Yup, s*** made a comeback a few years ago when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA and some experts were picking them to win a title.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 12:55 AM)
Yup, s*** made a comeback a few years ago when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA and some experts were picking them to win a title.

At this very moment, I knew the Bulls were going to win the NBA Title.

gibsondunk.gif GTFO WADE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Then LeBron defended D-Rose the next four games and c u next year!

Then Derrick Rose broke forever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
At this very moment, I knew the Bulls were going to win the NBA Title.

Then LeBron defended D-Rose the next four games and c u next year!

Then Derrick Rose broke forever.

I think Taj's putback dunk at the end of that game was one of the best I've ever seen.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
I think Taj's putback dunk at the end of that game was one of the best I've ever seen.

Every game except game 2 was entertaining. Especially Game 5 when Kurt Thomas was going off. I loved him that season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
Nice to see Anthony Bennett playing a little better. Unlike guys like Kwame and Bargnani, I think there's legitimate talent there.

I agree. He has several areas in which he needs to improve but has the potential to be a much better player than he's shown to this point. His lack of conditioning is a problem- as are his exercise-induced asthma and obstructive sleep apnea- but he's not blame for Cleveland's decision to select him as the number-one overall pick. The Cavaliers front-office is a disaster. Bennett playing better doesn't change that.

--Captain Decker

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 01:57 AM)
Nice to see Anthony Bennett playing a little better. Unlike guys like Kwame and Bargnani, I think there's legitimate talent there.

I first read this as Anthony Davis and did not get the sarcasm. This makes more sense.

QUOTE (Willard Decker @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
More Cleveland Cavaliers news for anyone who's interested. It seems that the reason for Andrew Bynum's suspension has been leaked. I'm surprised the Pacers wanted him, though I think they signed him so that Miami wouldn't.

--Captain Decker

That is such an awesome story. It's like the ultimate 14 year old throwing a tantrum move.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
He's turned into such a headcase. Not too long ago he was going to be the next "big thing" in LA.

There have always been signs of his immaturity, but he's gotten worse as he's spent more and more time away from basketball due to injury. I can understand the theory behind Indiana signing him, as they keep him away from Miami in the event that he decides he wants to play basketball (seriously) again. But they're in danger of repeating the disaster that was Ron Artest: Bynum may be even more difficult to control than Metta World Peace.

--Captain Decker

Best comment from Deadspin re:Bynum jacking up shots

Bynum: RAINDROPS!

Bynum: SUNSHINE!

Bynum: BUCKETS!

Bynum: BOOYAKASHA!

Bynum: KABLAMO!

Bynum: SWISH!

Anthony Bennett: [furiously scribbles notes]

QUOTE (Willard Decker @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
^Interesting. The irony of the situation described in that article is that it's actually happened before (note who's on the sidelines for the Lakers). Another
followed that one a few weeks later.

--Captain Decker

Well, that's entirely different. Bynum was putting up trips during actual games with the Lakers and got benched for it. This was just goofing around in practice (not to minimize, just to explain that they're quite different scenarios).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Well, that's entirely different. Bynum was putting up trips during actual games with the Lakers and got benched for it. This was just goofing around in practice (not to minimize, just to explain that they're quite different scenarios).

Different situations, but the principle players are the same (Bynum and Brown). Without knowing exactly what happened in practice that day, I'd guess Brown probably decided he'd seen enough of Bynum for one lifetime.

--Captain Decker

QUOTE (Willard Decker @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
More Cleveland Cavaliers news for anyone who's interested. It seems that the reason for Andrew Bynum's suspension has been leaked. I'm surprised the Pacers wanted him, though I think they signed him so that Miami wouldn't.

--Captain Decker

Pfft. Jamal Crawford has done that for a decade now.

The IBTimes piece seems to be quoting an article from Hoops-Hype, which is affiliated with YardBarker. The author of the article is their lead editor but doesn't show much credentials-wise beyond being a "big Pacers fan."