NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
Compared to the last time the Bulls were healthy, I think it would make Rose more effective if there was someone else on the roster who also needed the ball to be effective. Rose having to take fewer bad/defended shots is a necessary step for him to become a more efficient player.

Then again, who knows if Rose will ever be more than a tolerable player again given the loss of >2 seasons.

Rose always said, especially in his rookie year, that he would rather distribute than be a primary scorer. He had to be the Bulls' primary scorer for them to take the leap they did in his fantastic year. I think he'd excel with another guy on the team that can actually get his.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
Derrick Rose, idiot who doesn't learn from anything...

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 1h

Derrick Rose not closing door on return to #Bulls this season http://bit.ly/LVVUWi

This message has been paid for by Reggie Rose Thinks He's Important Incorporated.

--Captain Decker

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Isn't the idea of combining Melo and Rose just asking for problems? Both guys need the ball to be effective. Is Melo going to be alright being a second fiddle? Is Rose going to be OK with Melo taking final shots? You know both of those things will happen.

It may work it may not but nothing will work with the current cast of almost a really good basketball team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
The Bulls best chance is if Morotic becomes a star. Melo isn't going to be a Bull. Let's be real here.

I know that's what they're relying on...but when he winds up teamed with a guy who is only an average PG because of the injuries and 2+ seasons off, if he even stays on the court, I can't fathom that team competing with the elite. Even with the way Noah is playing.

You're 100% right though...that's the only thing which will happen. The Bulls will amnesty Boozer, replace him with Mirotic, and otherwise stand pat, staying beneath the luxury tax and hoping for the best.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
I know that's what they're relying on...but when he winds up teamed with a guy who is only an average PG because of the injuries and 2+ seasons off, if he even stays on the court, I can't fathom that team competing with the elite. Even with the way Noah is playing.

You're 100% right though...that's the only thing which will happen. The Bulls will amnesty Boozer, replace him with Mirotic, and otherwise stand pat, staying beneath the luxury tax and hoping for the best.

I think Derrick is either going to be done or he'll be himself, I don't think he's going to just be "average" either way.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
I think Derrick is either going to be done or he'll be himself, I don't think he's going to just be "average" either way.

I'm just sort of expecting the Rose we saw this year, the guy who is no longer the most explosive guy on the court.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
I'm just sort of expecting the Rose we saw this year, the guy who is no longer the most explosive guy on the court.

Not sure where you saw that he wasn't explosive. The game he got hurt, he was extremely explosive and showed off his athleticism quite a bit during the season. I saw a guy that was very rusty more then anything else and didn't know how to play with his teammates and rotate without the ball, etc. A guy that had lost his touch.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Not sure where you saw that he wasn't explosive. The game he got hurt, he was extremely explosive and showed off his athleticism quite a bit during the season. I saw a guy that was very rusty more then anything else and didn't know how to play with his teammates and rotate without the ball, etc. A guy that had lost his touch.

Being explosive and being the most explosive guy on the court are too very different things.

But yes, Rose was really coming around, and then poof it was over.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
Boheim says that he would tell Melo to leave.

Really, of places Melo would consider it's LA or Chicago.

Bulls have a much brighter future than LA, especially if they end up having a trade.

LA is going to have a ton of money when the decision II will be made.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
Man, what the hell has happened to Paul George? In Nov/Dec he was a roided up Scottie. Now lately he's broker than the time I missed 13 layups in a row playing against two 6th graders.

That happened three times just last week, by my count...and they were girls!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 06:24 PM)
Man, what the hell has happened to Paul George? In Nov/Dec he was a roided up Scottie. Now lately he's broker than the time I missed 13 layups in a row playing against two 6th graders.

This is mostly why we keep telling you not to say "this guy is better than....."

;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 06:45 PM)
This is mostly why we keep telling you not to say "this guy is better than....."

;)

How do you just forget how to shoot, though? Even if his early season numbers were a little unsustainable, I mean c'mon. He's shooting 36% in his last 12 games. He's been broke just about all of '14. This is not good for Heat Haters. If Paul George doesn't play superstar ball against the Heat, it's done.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
How do you just forget how to shoot, though? Even if his early season numbers were a little unsustainable, I mean c'mon. He's shooting 36% in his last 12 games. He's been broke just about all of '14. This is not good for Heat Haters. If Paul George doesn't play superstar ball against the Heat, it's done.

Who knows, maybe there is an unknown nagging injury. Maybe the weight of carrying that team finally is pulling him down a bit. Does Vogel run him like Thibs did Deng?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
Who knows, maybe there is an unknown nagging injury. Maybe the weight of carrying that team finally is pulling him down a bit. Does Vogel run him like Thibs did Deng?

Haha. I think I know what might be the problem now. This idiot, who's dating Doc Rivers' daughter, (had no clue about that) hooked up with a stripper last summer and now she's pregnant. He allegedly offered her 1 million to abort. But, of course, she said f*** no to that. As she'll get MUCH MORE than that in child support for the next 18 years. Oh my goodness. How could this happen? They warn you about this s***. Wrap that s*** up or atleast pull. stupid ass.

This story just came out like a week ago, which I hadn't heard/read about until I googled Paul George 10 minutes ago. My game would fall off to if I had to say goodbye to millions because of a one-night stand with a stripper. Moron.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
Haha. I think I know what might be the problem now. This idiot, who's dating Doc Rivers' daughter, (had no clue about that) hooked up with a stripper last summer and now she's pregnant. He allegedly offered her 1 million to abort. But, of course, she said f*** no to that. As she'll get MUCH MORE than that in child support for the next 18 years. Oh my goodness. How could this happen? They warn you about this s***. Wrap that s*** up or atleast pull. stupid ass.

This story just came out like a week ago, which I hadn't heard/read about until I googled Paul George 10 minutes ago. My game would fall off to if I had to say goodbye to millions because of a one-night stand with a stripper. Moron.

Why the f*** do athletes not wear condoms when they have sex with these girls who probably want to get pregnant with their kids.