NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
The '92 Knicks and '98 Pacers disagree with you. And those teams were s*** compared to some of the teams the Heat have beaten.

Oh man. And then you screw it up.

Can we all just focus on the draft and trade rumors today? Just one day?

Do we really have to let J4L troll his way to a million redundant posts about pre-LeBron nba?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
1) They didn't "get smoked". The Heat won in 5, but every one of those games was relatively competitive.

2) Yes, the Bulls' have some injury issues. They're not immune to that, no team is.

3) They don't really need to "get to the next level". They were a 60-win team two years running. They were on the short list of contenders each of those years, though things didn't work out in the post-season (once due to catestrophic injury). They have 4 of the same starters and one of their key bench pieces from those teams, only now they have a young SG with some talent.

4) Butler doesn't have to be a star, he just has to be a threat. If he can average 12 PPG, that's a huge upgrade over the Bogans/Brewer type players. Danny Green isn't exactly a world-beater, but he just had a huge impact in the Finals.

I'm not saying the Bulls WILL win, but they're one of the few teams that have the ability to go on a run. It's not like they're a 45-win team with zero shot.

Yeah, so were the LeBron Cavs. But you know what, it's my fault. I shouldn't have paid any attention to the LA rumor. LA would be great here. The Lakers and Celtics make s*** like that happen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Yeah, so were the LeBron Cavs. But you know what, it's my fault. I shouldn't have paid any attention to the LA rumor. LA would be great here. The Lakers and Celtics make s*** like that happen.

So the Heat winning 66 matters but the Bulls winning 62 and 50 in a shortened season (62 win pace, forgot to mention the prorating thing for the lockout) doesn't? I mean yeah, in the end what you do in the playoffs is what matters, but don't use something to build up your case and then s*** all over it when someone else brings up regular season success.

The Heat are good, but they have issues like everyone else. Would you feel better if I said OKC? They do have two stars after all...

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
So the Heat winning 66 matters but the Bulls winning 62 and 50 in a shortened season (62 win pace, forgot to mention the prorating thing for the lockout) doesn't? I mean yeah, in the end what you do in the playoffs is what matters, but don't use something to build up your case and then s*** all over it when someone else brings up regular season success.

Nope, it doesn't matter. How many 60 win seasons did those Nash teams have? At least two. The year Amare was out they still won like 56 games. They just weren't good enough. Just like the current Bulls.

The Heat are good, but they have issues like everyone else. Would you feel better if I said OKC? They do have two stars after all...

And they have more strengths than everybody else. I don't care about OKC. I'm not a Thunder fan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Again, how are the Bulls getting better? You get Rose back, great. You had Rose in '11 and got smoked. So that's obviously not enough. Deng/Noah get injured all the time. Boozer is a liability. Butler is a nice piece. But that's it. He's a piece. Stop talking to me about the Heat and their weaknesses and tell me how the Bulls and their much more obvious weaknesses get to the next level?

This will be the first time in the LeBron/Miami era that the Bulls will have 5 quality NBA starters, not sure how you don't think that makes a huge difference.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
This will be the first time in the LeBron/Miami era that the Bulls will have 5 quality NBA starters, not sure how you don't think that makes a huge difference.

Did we get someone to replace Boozer?

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-talk/sou...urning-portland

The day of the NBA Draft is finally upon us.

It's an important day for many teams and especially for the Portland Trail Blazers, it's a day in which a couple more assets will be brought on board in hopes of those chips inching the Trail Blazers one step closer to becoming a contender in the Western Conference.

Wherever and whoever the Trail Blazers select today, this draft should direct them towards that path.

But in Portland, the draft is being overshadowed by the rumors surrounding two-time All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge and his desire to play elsewhere next season.

Does Aldridge want out of Portland? Yes and no, a source close to the 6-10 forward informed CSNNW.com.

If Portland doesn't have plans to drastically improve its roster in time for the 2013-14 NBA season, Aldridge would prefer to be moved, and his first choice would be Chicago, the source said.

Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey and Aldridge's representatives met in Chicago last month during the NBA Pre-Draft Combine to discuss the possibilities of moving the power forward, CSNNW.com learned.

Aldridge has always envisioned what his career might have been like if Chicago, the team that drafted him in 2006, actually kept him instead of trading him to Portland for Tyrus Thomas.

It's no secret to why Aldridge has had some of his best performances at the United Center.

“I still have something to prove when I play in Chicago. I just love to play there,” Aldridge told CSNNW.com in March. “Whenever I go back, I want them to know what they are missing out on. To this day, I still take it personal. I hope they know now which power forward they should have held on to.”

The source also said Aldridge wouldn't mind being dealt to the Dallas Mavericks to play in his hometown with the rising belief Dallas has a shot at Dwight Howard. Or to the Los Angeles Clippers, if a scenario such as that makes sense for the Clippers.

However, if Portland doesn't make the necessary adjustments Aldridge sees fit and a trade never happens, he will go back to Portland and fulfill his contractual obligation and wouldn't be a problem, the source said.

"LaMarcus loves Portland," said the source. "He spent seven years there and grew as a man. Him going back is a possibility and he knows that. He's a professional, it wouldn't be an issue."

The truth of the matter is, Aldridge, who is approaching 28, probably has three, maybe four years of prime basketball left in his system and if the choice were primarily up to him, he would prefer to spend those years playing for a contender.

Aldridge has two-years at roughly $30 million remaining on his current deal. Olshey has the luxury of waiting for the right deal to come along. This could take a while, if anything at all.

Chris Haynes, Trail Blazer & NBA Insider

The Nets and Celtics are discussing a trade that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski reports the package heading to Boston would include Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Nope, it doesn't matter. How many 60 win seasons did those Nash teams have? At least two. The year Amare was out they still won like 56 games. They just weren't good enough. Just like the current Bulls.

And they have more strengths than everybody else. I don't care about OKC. I'm not a Thunder fan.

So if Miami wins 60-something games it somehow supports your point that they're unbeatable, but when someone else does it "they're just not good enough." Got it.

I've never said someone else besides the Heat was the favorite, but it won't be a cakewalk for them. Barring putting a hit out on Lebron, there's nothing the Bulls can do that will make them "the favorite".

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
Oh, so yesterday this rumor was bunk, but today it isnt :P

Show me where I said that?

I just wanted to change the focus of this thread from "J4L repeats dumb things for the millionth time" to "hey the most exciting day for transactions and an nba draft is happening tonight" - you know?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
Show me where I said that?

I just wanted to change the focus of this thread from "J4L repeats dumb things for the millionth time" to "hey the most exciting day for transactions and an nba draft is happening tonight" - you know?

Ooops, you are right. You claimed the Deng rumor was bunk.

Sam Amico: Bulls or Spurs have improved offer for Rockets F Thomas Robinson, I'm told. Cavs may be left out at the end. Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

If the trade exception cant be included with another piece like another poster suggested then I'm not sure how the Bulls could possibly improve their offer.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
So if Miami wins 60-something games it somehow supports your point that they're unbeatable, but when someone else does it "they're just not good enough." Got it.

I've never said someone else besides the Heat was the favorite, but it won't be a cakewalk for them. Barring putting a hit out on Lebron, there's nothing the Bulls can do that will make them "the favorite".

That's the real problem I see with J4L's point.

If it's true that the current Bulls roster cannot beat the Heat as-is unless Lebron gets hurt (which may very well be true), then the next question is...what can the Bulls do to upgrade?

If the answer to that is "Give up every asset they have for a guy like Aldrige who probably won't put them over the top", then the Bulls have 2 options. Be content with losing to Lebron until either that team falls apart or some other team helps the Bulls out Pau-Gasol style, or throw in the towel for the next few years, trade away everything, and maybe try to be competitive again when Rose is around 30.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
The Nets and Celtics are discussing a trade that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski reports the package heading to Boston would include Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks.

Oh lord that is a bunch of expensive garbage Boston is getting.