NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:01 PM)
Can't believe he's still on the board. Instant offense.

I can. Like I said months ago, he doesn't have a position. He isn't athletic enough to play the 3 and he isn't big enough to play the 4. You jumped all over me after I asked if he would even get drafted after he declared.

It's understandable though. Sometimes team loyalty can be a bit blinding.

Edited by Boogua

I think Murphy will definitely make the roster, which leaves us with 11 players. That leaves room for 2 FA's. I'm guessing another big man and a SG/SF type. We seem plenty set at PG with Rose, Hinrich, and Teague.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Hinrich/FA

Deng/Snell

Boozer/Gibson/Murphy

Noah/Nazr/FA

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:52 AM)
I can. Like I said months ago, he doesn't have a position. He isn't athletic enough to play the 3 and he isn't big enough to play the 4. You jumped all over me after I asked if he would even get drafted after he declared.

Team loyalty my ass. Rock is a bandwagoning, look at my team, they're popular, etc, etc, etc. He thinks he knows everything about every OSU player in history and if you challenge him he'll mock you. Please. He ain't foolin' nobody. Thomas is straight garbage by NBA standards.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
I think Murphy will definitely make the roster, which leaves us with 11 players. That leaves room for 2 FA's. I'm guessing another big man and a SG/SF type. We seem plenty set at PG with Rose, Hinrich, and Teague.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Hinrich/FA

Deng/Snell

Boozer/Gibson/Murphy

Noah/Nazr/FA

Malcom Thomas is signed.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:52 AM)

No he's just the best scorer in the best conference in the country. His measurements predraft kind of did him in a little bit.

Still, drafted, which makes him 7 in a row for Thad. Not too shabby.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:05 AM)
No he's just the best scorer in the best conference in the country. His measurements predraft kind of did him in a little bit.

Still, drafted, which makes him 7 in a row for Thad. Not too shabby.

Shurna and Frazier were 1 and 2 in the B1G last year, Jujuan Johnson and Taylor Battle were 1 and 2 the previous years. Leading a college conference, whether it be the best conference in the country or not, doesn't have as much to do with pro potential as you seem to think.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 03:06 AM)
Close to dead eye.

39%?

He also is horrible at rebounding despite being 6'6

And he can do nothing besides spot up and shoot. Not a fan of this pick.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
39%?

He also is horrible at rebounding despite being 6'6

And he can do nothing besides spot up and shoot. Not a fan of this pick.

They said he shot 47% on pull-up jumpers, which was best in the country. That's hardly just being a spot-up shooter.

He has good length and everyone considers him a good shooter. He should do well for the Bulls.

" Despite a quick first step and explosive leaping ability, he’s hesitant to drive ... Contact is not his favorite (2.9 FTA) ... Difficulty handling the rock and creating his own shot against pressure -- scored .59 PPP in ISO opportunities (2.1 TO) ... Reluctant to dribble into his jumper when isolated ... There is substantial room for growth in the mid-range department ... He buys himself free space from the foul line extended by being a long-distance threat, would be well served to use it (flaring/curling off screens and off the bounce) ... Snell needs to play behind a greater sense of urgency rather than letting the action dictate his role."

2.9 FTA

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
" Despite a quick first step and explosive leaping ability, he’s hesitant to drive ... Contact is not his favorite (2.9 FTA) ... Difficulty handling the rock and creating his own shot against pressure -- scored .59 PPP in ISO opportunities (2.1 TO) ...

2.9 FTA

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
Sounds like a guy that has the ability to create his own shot. Think you have to like that.

?!?!