NBA Thread 2013-2014

He's a good shooter, don't let the 3P% fool you. The guy is dead-eye as a jump shooter. Looks like shot selection or volume may have been an issue. Have to like getting a guy with a big-league ready tool, if I can use MLB parlance.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
He's a good shooter, don't let the 3P% fool you. The guy is dead-eye as a jump shooter. Looks like shot selection or volume may have been an issue. Have to like getting a guy with a big-league ready tool, if I can use MLB parlance.

I just don't like this pick. I understand his length gives thibs some fun to play with on D. But Kyle Korver rebounded at a better rate in college. His steal and rebound percentage are terrible. He doesn't seem to be able to drive at college let alone NBA. And the reason I liked worse 3pt from belli than better 3pt from korver is he could pick up his dribble and it helped us a lot. This guy doesn't seem to be able to do that. And his shot is LONG. starts so low. I preferred so many other players.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
Huh, apparently Bill Simmons and Doc Rivers got into a little spat during the draft last night

Bill Simmons on that broadcast last night was awful. The idiot was tearing up when talking about the KG and Pierce deal. How he can be that old and in that business so long and still be such an idiot fan is beyond me. He probably thinks Doc betrayed him personally.

The draft coverage was so awkward. Legler clearly has disdain for Simmons and the two couldn't agree on anything last night.

If I want BS I'll download his report. He was so annoying and trying to be so hilarious last night.

Think the Suns would do a Gortat for Gibson deal?

Gortat would be a hell of a guy off the bench. Who knows how much time Noah/Boozer will miss next year. Gortat is also an expiring contract. We have to get rid of Gibson's contract eventually if we want to pursue that second star in 2014 anyhow.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
The Bulls need Gortat and his MJ tattoo

I would actually like to see Boozer amnestied if we do get Gortat. Gortat + Noah sounds better than Noah + Boozer.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
I would actually like to see Boozer amnestied if we do get Gortat. Gortat + Noah sounds better than Noah + Boozer.

The Bulls - Boozer is an equation that is impossilbe to make sound bad unless you need to use the words Amare, Joe Johnson, or Gerald Wallace.

The power in my neighborhood doesn't like major sporting events. In less than a week it goes out during the hawks game and yesterday it went out 2 picks before the Bulls....I personally would have liked Crabbe over Snell if they wanted to go with a wing player. I can get behind the Snell pick though, Thibs should have fun with him. A small lineup with Rose-Butler-Snell-Deng-Noah should be long and athletic as s***, if Snell actually plays this year.

I'm intrigued by the Erik Murphy pick much more than the Snell pick. I've wanted a stretch 4 for a few years now and it seems as though he's just that. I would hope he gets to play some this year but if the past is any indication then he and Snell might not.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
Bill Simmons on that broadcast last night was awful. The idiot was tearing up when talking about the KG and Pierce deal. How he can be that old and in that business so long and still be such an idiot fan is beyond me. He probably thinks Doc betrayed him personally.

The draft coverage was so awkward. Legler clearly has disdain for Simmons and the two couldn't agree on anything last night.

If I want BS I'll download his report. He was so annoying and trying to be so hilarious last night.

Eh, I think he's fine. He and Jalen have good banter. He's 10000 times better than Digger Phelps, Stephen A. Smith, etc. He kept the show somewhat light as he did with the NBA game time stuff. 3 hours of Bilas talking about guys being super athletic gets old real quick.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
The power in my neighborhood doesn't like major sporting events. In less than a week it goes out during the hawks game and yesterday it went out 2 picks before the Bulls....I personally would have liked Crabbe over Snell if they wanted to go with a wing player. I can get behind the Snell pick though, Thibs should have fun with him. A small lineup with Rose-Butler-Snell-Deng-Noah should be long and athletic as s***, if Snell actually plays this year.

I'm intrigued by the Erik Murphy pick much more than the Snell pick. I've wanted a stretch 4 for a few years now and it seems as though he's just that. I would hope he gets to play some this year but if the past is any indication then he and Snell might not.

VladRad didn't do that for you?

I hate Bill Simmons on TV but last night was the perfect setting for him. The draft is the perfect to showcase him as the walking basketball encyclopedia that he is and it showed. It helped make for the most entertaining nba draft of all time. Now hopefully he doesnt show up on tv until next year's draft.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
VladRad didn't do that for you?

I was a fan of the signing, just couldn't get him any playing time.

At 6'10" can he be the backup center? The scouting reports I've seen say he has underrated post defense but quicker players can give him problems. That sounds like he should be on centers as they are typically slower than power forwards.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
I was a fan of the signing, just couldn't get him any playing time.

At 6'10" can he be the backup center? The scouting reports I've seen say he has underrated post defense but quicker players can give him problems. That sounds like he should be on centers as they are typically slower than power forwards.

He could certainly find a way to earn himself minutes at center, but with Noah's injury history I can't imagine him filling the role in a permanent fashion.

The Bulls still have the mini-MLE to use and 2 roster spots to fill, finding an actual backup C for about $3 million and then some minimum-salary guy (like Nate was last year) seems like a good use of that money.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
I couldnt stand Simmons on tv and wondered if he even understood what being a professional was, as opposed to an unabashed homer.

I guess some people might find it interesting if we put 4 super fans up there, but not I.

His Boston crap is annoying, but he's an NBA/basketball fan first and foremost. That comes across very clearly.

IMO, he's at the point now where he's getting backlash for being too popular.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
His Boston crap is annoying, but he's an NBA/basketball fan first and foremost. That comes across very clearly.

Even if he can be annoying, he at least seems real, unlike most analysts who speak predominantly in inoffensive cliches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
He could certainly find a way to earn himself minutes at center, but with Noah's injury history I can't imagine him filling the role in a permanent fashion.

The Bulls still have the mini-MLE to use and 2 roster spots to fill, finding an actual backup C for about $3 million and then some minimum-salary guy (like Nate was last year) seems like a good use of that money.

Don't forget the trade exception. Problem is finding a partner willing to trade a big for nothing. Thomas Robinson makes sense if he or Taj were a little bigger. Not sure either can man the 5 if Noah goes down.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
Don't forget the trade exception. Problem is finding a partner willing to trade a big for nothing. Thomas Robinson makes sense if he or Taj were a little bigger. Not sure either can man the 5 if Noah goes down.

When does that exemption expire?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
7/14 or something like that, maybe 7/16

Ok, well that's definitely enough time for the big FA moves to happen and could certainly create situations where teams need to clear $3-4 million to make their impact signing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)

Well, yeah, I mean, if you ignore the exact points people make about why he was bad last night and just call it "for being too popular" then I guess you nailed it.