NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
When does that exemption expire?

July 16th, and it's worth 5 mill.

Can Thomas Robinson at 6'10" be relied on to play the 5 if Jo goes down? Do we trust a shorter Taj to man the 5?

I would love to see what Thibs can get out of him.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Ok, well that's definitely enough time for the big FA moves to happen and could certainly create situations where teams need to clear $3-4 million to make their impact signing.

Yeah, definitely looking at houston and atlanta. I'm still holding out hope for Thomas Robinson.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
July 16th, and it's worth 5 mill.

Can Thomas Robinson at 6'10" be relied on to play the 5 if Jo goes down? Do we trust a shorter Taj to man the 5?

I think Taj at 5 would be fine. Not ideal, but, we just aren't going to find a C that would play better than Taj at 5, imo.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
I couldnt stand Simmons on tv and wondered if he even understood what being a professional was, as opposed to an unabashed homer.

I guess some people might find it interesting if we put 4 super fans up there, but not I.

Simmons is tremendous.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
Simmons is tremendous.

I love the guy but he did get a little annoying at some points last night. I thought he was funny at times but the constant bringing everything back to the Celtics trade was stupid.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
Well, yeah, I mean, if you ignore the exact points people make about why he was bad last night and just call it "for being too popular" then I guess you nailed it.

I don't think being a homer for 15 seconds about Celtics-related topics really outweighs the other 3 hours of the draft. And that was a side point anyway.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
I love the guy but he did get a little annoying at some points last night. I thought he was funny at times but the constant bringing everything back to the Celtics trade was stupid.

Yeah, but too be fair, the dismantling of the celtics happened while BILL SIMMONS was on the air. come on! Who would've expected that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
Yeah, but too be fair, the dismantling of the celtics happened while BILL SIMMONS was on the air. come on! Who would've expected that.

The dismantling of the Celtics was known about for weeks and came to fruition during the draft because it made for good television.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)
I thought Simmons was great last night and all season. He's hilarious.

I'm with you. Rivers now accusing him of meeting with the owners to have him fired. Simmons pissed on twitter.

Former Cuse sharpshooter, and last years D-League 3 point champ, Andy Rautine in Bulls camp. Could be someone to keep an eye on.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Rautine

Deng/Snell

Boozer/Taj/Murphy

Noah/Mini MLE/trade exception

Something like that could work.

Luke Harongody is in camp as well but I dont see a spot for him.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
Former Cuse sharpshooter, and last years D-League 3 point champ, Andy Rautine in Bulls camp. Could be someone to keep an eye on.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Rautine

Deng/Snell

Boozer/Taj/Murphy

Rautins

I thought Bill Simmons was the best person on that broadcast. I don't love the Celtics talk, but there wasn't that much of it and I enjoy him because I know he isn't full of s***. It's clear that the rest of the guys can't stand him, though. I also hate Jay Bilas. Nobody knows the draft class as much as he does, but he won't actually say anything substantive about any of them. He loves every draft pick. Great. At least Simmons will actually react to things that are happening in an honest way.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Rautine

Deng/Snell

Boozer/Taj/Murphy

That depth is terrible. Well get some vets on league min like last year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
I thought Bill Simmons was the best person on that broadcast. I don't love the Celtics talk, but there wasn't that much of it and I enjoy him because I know he isn't full of s***. It's clear that the rest of the guys can't stand him, though. I also hate Jay Bilas. Nobody knows the draft class as much as he does, but he won't actually say anything substantive about any of them. He loves every draft pick. Great. At least Simmons will actually react to things that are happening in an honest way.

Man, I couldn't disagree more about Bilas. I love listening to him talk about players. He is supposed to love them all, they are the cream of the crop that he watches all the time. His job isn't to talk about how good they will be in the NBA, he is supposed to talk about how they got there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
Man, I couldn't disagree more about Bilas. I love listening to him talk about players. He is supposed to love them all, they are the cream of the crop that he watches all the time. His job isn't to talk about how good they will be in the NBA, he is supposed to talk about how they got there.

It's not that it is useless, it's nice to know some good things about a guy. Unfortunately, in the NBA draft broadcast you could totally randomize the descriptions of each player (for instance, if you ran his description of Snell after the first overall pick) and you'd have no idea that he was describing a player that isn't that good.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
I keep hearing that Nazr's return is almost a sealed deal.

I could understand that for depth but would still like to see one additional big man brought in to sit in front of Nazr in the rotation.