NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Yesterday B and B were lamenting the loss of Nate (even though they assume everyone on the team hated him and they seem to think fans weren't fond either). "So Dunleavy replaces Belinelli, but who replaces Nate?" Maybe...Derrick Rose??? They are citing Nate's breakout games where his scoring pretty much won us a game as a reason to say our team will be worse off. No thanks, we won't need some crazy guy on the bench to rescue us offensively when Derrick leaves the game with a lead.

B and B are usually right on with regards to basketball, but that's stupid if true.

That said, lots of assumptions that D-Rose won't suck.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
B and B are usually right on with regards to basketball, but that's stupid if true.

That said, lots of assumptions that D-Rose won't suck.

if D-Rose sucks, then the only thing to complain about is the fact that he didn't come back this year and the Bulls didn't wave a white flag on this season and dump Boozer now to get under the luxury tax.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Yesterday rose posted a video on his facebook page of his summer workout. He looked just fine to me. Lots of dunking

Are you sure it was a summer workout and not from February? Because it's not like he wasn't doing that 6 months agol.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
Are you sure it was a summer workout and not from February? Because it's not like he wasn't doing that 6 months agol.

Yeah. He's been dunking like a monster for a very long time.

Nazr Mohammed ‏@NazrMohammed 2m

It was an easy decision because I really enjoyed my teammates, coaching staff, management and the fans. I felt that we exceeded everyone's..

..expectations but our own. I decided to return to the city that I was born and raised in to play my 16th season. Looking forward to going..

The Knicks are preparing a contract offer for veteran big man Elton Brand, and ESPN's Jared Zwerling reports that "mutual interest [is] high."

The Knicks are basically run by a kid with an XBOX just seeing names and not caring about injury history or effectiveness. That team is going to be hilariously bad on defense again this year.

The Mavericks and Wolves have discussed a sign-and-trade involving O.J. Mayo and J.J. Barea.

ESPN Dallas calls it a "near certainty" that Mayo won't return with the Mavs, given his asking price, so Mark Cuban's team is hoping to at least get some value for him via sign-and-trade.

Here's where I don't get the Bulls. If the Mavs will take Barea and a pick back, can't you jump in there, offer some pick and a contract, and get a much-needed piece on this roster?

Sigh.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)

Go watch it. And I know he has been dunking like a monster for months, but this was repeated over and over.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
The Mavericks and Wolves have discussed a sign-and-trade involving O.J. Mayo and J.J. Barea.

ESPN Dallas calls it a "near certainty" that Mayo won't return with the Mavs, given his asking price, so Mark Cuban's team is hoping to at least get some value for him via sign-and-trade.

Here's where I don't get the Bulls. If the Mavs will take Barea and a pick back, can't you jump in there, offer some pick and a contract, and get a much-needed piece on this roster?

Sigh.

If the Bulls were serious, they'd make a push at Mayo. THey have the TPE and can make something happen and just pay the freaking tax. Small price to pay to show the city, fans, and you star player that you want to do this. Key is signing Mayo to a fair deal, but he clearly would be a major upgrade. You also have the ability to make a play at LMA and amnesty Boozer which would help the salary situation. Not realistic but I'm sure the Lakers would be able to figure out a way to get it done (at least Jerry Buss' Lakers).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 08:56 AM)
I think Korver is getting the same price. Would rather have him than Dunleavy.

Me too. I assume they think Dunleavy is more passable at the 2 defensively then Korver? Korver knows the system and the guys. Would have been a better fit, imo.

Korver's better 3pt% isn't enough for me. I didn't like having such a one dimensional player. Dunleavy is better at d.

Korver pros - top 5 3pt Shooter, fairly good rebounder.

Korver cons - can't defend, can't pick up the dribble, turns ball over

He can only shoot, and stand at the 3pt line.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)

Also, considering the amount of interest in Korver, I would be surprised if he gets the same price as Dunleavy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 1h

Book claims #Chicago #Bulls star Michael Jordan played dice for virginity of MTV’s Kennedy http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/book-cla...f-mtvs-kennedy/ … via @suntimes

Well, that tweet is about as far off from the actual story as possible, but keep pasting them away without vetting the content first.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)

Korver is a better shooter, but I f***ing hated that guy by the time he left. He folds like a cheap suit the instant the pressure is on. I don't just mean missing shots, which can happen by bad luck, but I'm talking about how he couldn't be an effective basketball player in crunch time. Gives up the ball, can't pass, and can't play defense. How many times did we see the Heat rip the ball right out of his hands at clutch time?

I'm happy to go in a different direction and let Dunleavy be a bit more well-rounded, even if he sacrifice a bit of shooting (which is debatable, I suppose)

Is it just me or does the Bulls bench right now seem to be very weak ? Belinelli, Robinson leaving for greener pastures, Nazr Mohammed old , Hinrich effective floor leader and defender but can't stay healthy ,Snell and Murphy who, if both make the team will be lucky to see many minutes, Teague who is pretty young but upside not incredibly high. Butler gone from bench and now a starter, Taj Gibson pretty solid on both ends but not great at any one thing. Dunleavy may or may not be as good as Belinelli. Anyone else from last years bench hardly worth a mention.

Is this a fair assessment and if so what, if anything, are the Bulls looking to do about it ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Is it just me or does the Bulls bench right now seem to be very weak ? Belinelli, Robinson leaving for greener pastures, Nazr Mohammed old , Hinrich effective floor leader and defender but can't stay healthy ,Snell and Murphy who, if both make the team will be lucky to see many minutes, Teague who is pretty young but upside not incredibly high. Butler gone from bench and now a starter, Taj Gibson pretty solid on both ends but not great at any one thing. Dunleavy may or may not be as good as Belinelli. Anyone else from last years bench hardly worth a mention.

Is this a fair assessment and if so what, if anything, are the Bulls looking to do about it ?

This was also the case last year and bench once again turned into a strength. One thing, Deng pretty much plays all game, so you'd have Hinrich (Teague?) at PG, Dunleavy at 2, deng at 3, Taj at 4 and nazr at 5. Taj is a great defender, great, and could be a starter in the league elsewhere. So yeah, it's not great, but it isn't awful. What makes a lot nervous is no backup for Noah, and so he might get run into the ground.

I'm not really understanding the Pelicans right now. First they give up a ton to get Jrue Holiday, who's a decent but not stellar PG. Then they make a 4-44 offer sheet to Tyreke Evans, who can't shoot and can struggle when he's off the ball. Oh, and Eric Gordon is still on the roster and will be difficult to move. Their one saving grace is that their pick might end up in the top-5 next year when Gordon inevitably gets hurt, which means they get to keep it. Well, assuming Anthony Davis doesn't dominate and single-handedly send the pick to Philly.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 11:57 AM)
This was also the case last year and bench once again turned into a strength. One thing, Deng pretty much plays all game, so you'd have Hinrich (Teague?) at PG, Dunleavy at 2, deng at 3, Taj at 4 and nazr at 5. Taj is a great defender, great, and could be a starter in the league elsewhere. So yeah, it's not great, but it isn't awful. What makes a lot nervous is no backup for Noah, and so he might get run into the ground.

I'm just bothered by committing to Hinrich and Mohammed mostly. Mohammed saw no minutes until the injuries really piled up and Hinrich's value is tied to playing time and if he can't stay healthy he's worthless. Plus if there's one constant criticism of Thib's, who everyone seems to love, it's that he plays a guy like Deng too many minutes which takes a toll eventually and might tie into all the injuries the Bulls had last year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm just bothered by committing to Hinrich and Mohammed mostly. Mohammed saw no minutes until the injuries really piled up and Hinrich's value is tied to playing time and if he can't stay healthy he's worthless.

Hinrich might have had a lot more value to the Bulls last year if he hadn't been playing starters minutes in some games.