NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
The Oakley/Cartwright deal was a blockbuster at the time.

Come on now, Cartwright was a complimentary piece, this wasn't going after a big name player.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
Bulls are apparently in pursuit of Mo Williams and Will Bynum. I am in disgust...

This FO baffles me sometimes. We still have Hinrich and Teague to back up Rose, unless he's not ready to go to start the season. They are also not likely to retain Belinelli at this point. Our biggest needs are a shooting wing, and a backup center, not another PG who can't shoot. We can't go into the season with our two best shooters being rookies who aren't likely to get enough burn.

I was also confused by this. I wouldn't have a problem with Mo as a backup PG, but I don't see the point with Kirk and Teague on the roster. It seems like a poor use of assets to me with questionable depth on the wings and inside.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Oh goodness. Monta. F*ck sentences.

Without rock, worthless. Needs ball. Wants ball. Won't work. Is a bulk three point shooter. Bad percentage.

Gets to rim. Only reason to look. Let Knicks have. No thx. Can't afford anyway.

This. Knicks can't afford him either though. From that list, the Suns have the right combination of cap space and poor management.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
@WojYahooNBA

As @KCJHoop reports on Gar Forman's dismissal of Tom Thibodeau's top aide, relationship between Bulls' GM and coach easily worst in NBA.

Reported SAT Adams' contract not renewed in part because displeased over personnel. Asked Gar if issue w/ Adams' performance. No comment.

@KCJHoop

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 12:03 AM)
After seeing what head coach and GM disputes can do to teams I'm worried.

6 titles? Me likey.

Did Oz/KW hate each other from the start? Make it 7.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
I actually really like the signing, hopefully they can add one more contributor through free agency because I don't expect anything via trade. Any hope Teague makes a Jimmy Butler like improvement in year 2?

I think Teague will improve some but I'm really hoping he won't be on the court very much.

This isn't a bad signing, does provide some floor spacing and probably is a guy who will fit into Thibs's defense ok. They still need to re-up with Nazr.

The roster could maybe compete with Miami but this certainly doesn't scream "we're over the top".

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 12:54 AM)
6 titles? Me likey.

Did Oz/KW hate each other from the start? Make it 7.

Williams and Guillen did not hate each other during 2005 as that team was pretty much the vision both of them had for a baseball team.

And did the Bulls win in the 90s BECAUSE of the dispute between the GM and coach or IN SPITE of the dispute? I would argue, quite vehemently, that it was the latter.

Im not going to compare the two situations. The Krause/Jackson feud didnt start until the Bulls were already winning titles, and the feud was over how much money Jackson wanted vs how much the Bulls were willing to pay. This is about roster criticism. These arent comparable in my eyes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
Im not going to compare the two situations. The Krause/Jackson feud didnt start until the Bulls were already winning titles, and the feud was over how much money Jackson wanted vs how much the Bulls were willing to pay. This is about roster criticism. These arent comparable in my eyes.

Oh, I agree. I'm going to start making Team Thibs t-shirts.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
So the Knicks got Andrea Bargnani. Just what they needed: another overpaid player that barely plays defense and loves to jack 3's...

Hahahahaha that team is going to shoot so many 3's next year.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Ugh, sports radio is insufferable this morning. You would think Derrick Rose just decided to sign with another team the way they're covering this non-story.

I think when multiple outlets consider Gar and THibs as having the worst working relationship in the NBA, it is more than a non story, especially after Reggie Roses little outburst last season. This is something that has to be fixed

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Ugh, sports radio is insufferable this morning. You would think Derrick Rose just decided to sign with another team the way they're covering this non-story.

Yesterday B and B were lamenting the loss of Nate (even though they assume everyone on the team hated him and they seem to think fans weren't fond either). "So Dunleavy replaces Belinelli, but who replaces Nate?" Maybe...Derrick Rose??? They are citing Nate's breakout games where his scoring pretty much won us a game as a reason to say our team will be worse off. No thanks, we won't need some crazy guy on the bench to rescue us offensively when Derrick leaves the game with a lead.