NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
Which I just don't get at all, there must be something behind the scenes because right now Thibs has shown that he can take the mediocre s*** that the front office throws at him and turn them into very respectable teams.

Well, we know Thibs was griping about the roster. Instead of making a big move, they seem to just be thinking he can f*** himself.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how Monta Ellis could be signed to Bulls. And I don't seeing amnestying/trading anyone. The bulls don't know how to trade, I am not sure they know that it exists.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
I don't understand how Monta Ellis could be signed to Bulls. And I don't seeing amnestying/trading anyone. The bulls don't know how to trade, I am not sure they know that it exists.

Why does this read like it was written by someone who is ESL?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
@WojYahooNBA

As @KCJHoop reports on Gar Forman's dismissal of Tom Thibodeau's top aide, relationship between Bulls' GM and coach easily worst in NBA.

Gee - get rid of Gar or get rid of Thibs?

This f***ing team infuriates me.

@WojYahooNBA

As @KCJHoop reports on Gar Forman's dismissal of Tom Thibodeau's top aide, relationship between Bulls' GM and coach easily worst in NBA.

Then get rid of Forman, losing Thibs would be disastrous.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Easy...Thibbs stays. He is a total stud. Don't let the door hit you on the ass Gar.

Of course - but they seem fine with going Gar's route by letting him can Thibs' bestie. We're completely f***ed.

REGGIE WAS RIGHT.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
This is totally out of nowhere, but do you think Chicago could ever get a second NBA franchise? Weren't there some rumblings about the Hornets looking at Chicago a couple years ago? Just a random thought I had.

Jerry would have it killed in a heartbeat

@WojYahooNBA

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bulls are the worst run organization in Chicago. If they hadn't have lucked into Rose, they would still be awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Krause also wasn't scared to trade for a big named player.

Eh, he did that once, and Rodman was persona non grata in the nba at that point.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
Eh, he did that once, and Rodman was persona non grata in the nba at that point.

Was writing a post that said the same thing. Scottie was the one key acquisition in his tenure that is more or less unequivocally a great move and that wasn't a big named player, he was a draftee.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 06:18 PM)
There is no doubt in my mind that the Bulls are the worst run organization in Chicago. If they hadn't have lucked into Rose, they would still be awful.

They just made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs without Rose.....

I would say the Cubs are the worst run organization.

Then the Bears, though this could change dramatically in the next year as we get a better understanding of what the differences are between Angelo and Emery as well as Lovie and Trestman.

Then the White Sox, who could quite easily drop below the Bears or maybe rise up if they turn things around quickly. At this point, their current problems seem to be rooted in the KW-Ozzie squabbles, which is a very silly root cause to your problems.

Bulls

Blackhawks

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

Well, you do have to give them credit for drafting well. They did a great job with Asik, Gibson, and Butler. Plus you have Mirotic. Hopefully Dell pans out too.