NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
They extended Thibs's contract last year right?

Yea, the article says something to the effect that gar wasn't pleased with how Thibs took his time before he signed his extension.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chris_Broussard: Detroit's top priority this summer is to get Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala.

@Chris_Broussard: Pistons also intent on bringing back Jose Calderon

@CP3: I'M IN!!! #CLIPPERNATION

@KBergCBS: Pending league cap figures becoming official on 7/10, Chris Paul's deal with the Clippers will be for $107M over five years, source says.

@KBergCBS: Chris Paul can opt out of his five-year deal with the Clippers after the fourth year, league source tells @CBSSports.

@chicagobulls: #Bulls will introduce draft picks Tony Snell (No. 20) & Erik Murphy (No. 49) at 11 am this morning w/live video on http://t.co/2vULgykxmc

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
@Chris_Broussard: Detroit's top priority this summer is to get Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala.

@Chris_Broussard: Pistons also intent on bringing back Jose Calderon

@CP3: I'M IN!!! #CLIPPERNATION

@KBergCBS: Pending league cap figures becoming official on 7/10, Chris Paul's deal with the Clippers will be for $107M over five years, source says.

@KBergCBS: Chris Paul can opt out of his five-year deal with the Clippers after the fourth year, league source tells @CBSSports.

@chicagobulls: #Bulls will introduce draft picks Tony Snell (No. 20) & Erik Murphy (No. 49) at 11 am this morning w/live video on http://t.co/2vULgykxmc

Bringing in mediocre free agents on top dollar deals is how Detroit got into their current situation to begin with. Neither Iggy or Smith are terrible players, but they aren't worth top dollars.

Rockets aren't messin' around. They've brought in Hakeem, Clyde Drexler and Yao Ming (Ming through Skype) to help sell themselves to Dwight. That's awesome when you can bring in past legends that played for you to help you recruit. Could you imagine Michael (even if he weren't an owner) or Scottie going out of their way to recruit marquee free agents for the Bulls? lol. Anyway, Howard/Harden/Parsons would be a lot of fun.

Edited by Jordan4life

Bulls are apparently in pursuit of Mo Williams and Will Bynum. I am in disgust...

This FO baffles me sometimes. We still have Hinrich and Teague to back up Rose, unless he's not ready to go to start the season. They are also not likely to retain Belinelli at this point. Our biggest needs are a shooting wing, and a backup center, not another PG who can't shoot. We can't go into the season with our two best shooters being rookies who aren't likely to get enough burn.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
Bulls are apparently in pursuit of Mo Williams and Will Bynum. I am in disgust...

This FO baffles me sometimes. We still have Hinrich and Teague to back up Rose, unless he's not ready to go to start the season. They are also not likely to retain Belinelli at this point. Our biggest needs are a shooting wing, and a backup center, not another PG who can't shoot. We can't go into the season with our two best shooters being rookies who aren't likely to get enough burn.

I don't have a problem with either names. I wish they'd use their trade exception and try to get OJ Mayo or another shooting guard to potentially open up the possibility of dealing Deng for Lamarcus.

PS: If Gar is making a power play on Thibbs, I will be so pissed. Thibbs is the best amn coach ever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
This seems incredibly impossible.

They have the trade exception so they could sign and trade. I think the exception is worth like 6 or 6.5M. They are too cheap to pay the major tax associated with it though since it really would be like 12M (if you gave him 6M).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
They have the trade exception so they could sign and trade. I think the exception is worth like 6 or 6.5M. They are too cheap to pay the major tax associated with it though since it really would be like 12M (if you gave him 6M).

Yeah, but I think OJ Mayo signs for more than 6 million...

This is totally out of nowhere, but do you think Chicago could ever get a second NBA franchise? Weren't there some rumblings about the Hornets looking at Chicago a couple years ago? Just a random thought I had.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
This is totally out of nowhere, but do you think Chicago could ever get a second NBA franchise? Weren't there some rumblings about the Hornets looking at Chicago a couple years ago? Just a random thought I had.

I think Chicago could probably support another team, but really, you are looking at bigger divides than, say, Sox/Cubs or Yankees/Mets. It would have to be an energetic and very business and marketing savvy owner who could sell the idea to the citizens of Chicago. Same thing goes for a second football team too. At this point, it's too great a financial risk to add a 2nd team.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)

Strange as it may seem, yes. Good lord, I'm old enough to remember when Chicago didn't even have a team. I rooted for the Baltimore Bullets because they had moved from Chicago (Packers/Zephyrs). It'd be way cool if there were 2 teams and I could totally see it working.

@NBARUMORS

Rumor: Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan.

The Los Angeles Lakers expressed their interest to multiple free agents when free agency began at midnight, and the latest name to add to the list is big man Byron Mullens, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN. Mullens had a career-high in points per game, but shot just 38 percent from the field

Monta Ellis has officially opted out of the final year of his contract, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today, allowing the former Milwaukee Bucks and Golden State Warriors star to become a free agent this summer.

The scorer is certainly not short of suitors, as at least seven teams have already expressed some interest in acquiring his services.

CBS Sports’ Ken Berger is reporting that the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns have all made it clear that they are intrigued about the possibility of bringing the eight-year veteran into the fold.

Oh goodness. Monta. F*ck sentences.

Without rock, worthless. Needs ball. Wants ball. Won't work. Is a bulk three point shooter. Bad percentage.

Gets to rim. Only reason to look. Let Knicks have. No thx. Can't afford anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Oh goodness. Monta. F*ck sentences.

Without rock, worthless. Needs ball. Wants ball. Won't work. Is a bulk three point shooter. Bad percentage.

Gets to rim. Only reason to look. Let Knicks have. No thx. Can't afford anyway.

He's one of those guys I'd say "If Thibs asks for him, I'll trust him". If Thibs says that, I'd say he thinks he can work with his game. Otherwise you're right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
He's one of those guys I'd say "If Thibs asks for him, I'll trust him". If Thibs says that, I'd say he thinks he can work with his game. Otherwise you're right.

The front office seems to be in a "f*** Thibs" mentality.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
The front office seems to be in a "f*** Thibs" mentality.

Which I just don't get at all, there must be something behind the scenes because right now Thibs has shown that he can take the mediocre s*** that the front office throws at him and turn them into very respectable teams.