2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the UC, it was rocking tonight. That first overtime was unbelievable, so intense.

Looks like Handzus gets a break from negativity for a few days, huge goal. Saad was obviously awesome, thought Ben Smith was great too.

One down, two to go. If they want to win in LA, they might want to cut down on the turnovers though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:54 PM)
Just got home from the UC, it was rocking tonight. That first overtime was unbelievable, so intense.

Looks like Handzus gets a break from negativity for a few days, huge goal. Saad was obviously awesome, thought Ben Smith was great too.

One down, two to go. If they want to win in LA, they might want to cut down on the turnovers though.

Healthy scratch Versteeg. That eliminates about half of them right there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2014 -> 07:02 AM)
Healthy scratch Versteeg. That eliminates about half of them right there.

Given that he didn't play the final 45+ minutes, I'd imagine that's highly likely.

I kept seeing Kane skating with Bollig & Handzus and was so confused until I realized he was double shifting because Steeg had been benched.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)
Given that he didn't play the final 45+ minutes, I'd imagine that's highly likely.

I kept seeing Kane skating with Bollig & Handzus and was so confused until I realized he was double shifting because Steeg had been benched.

It was a great move to sit him since he had been hot garbage. I dont get why he thinks dangling with the puck at the blue line is a good idea for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)

Troy Murray last night was as critical about Versteeg as I have ever heard him, saying he didn't deserve to see the ice the rest of the night.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
Good for King Henrik. Would like to see him win a cup one day, but not this year cause the Hawks still have six wins in them.

The Rangers aren't as good as the Kings, but Henrik is tough to beat.

Montreal down a goal going into the 3rd and the Rangers dominate the period. Would have loved to get that to go 7. But I guess Messier guaranteed victory.

OK, such a huge game coming up in L.A. Now, to you fans out there who really follow this team. ...

Considering the way this series has gone, do you sense the Hawks have it in them to force Game Seven in Chicago? Or is this team pretty much tapped out and worn out?

What are the technical issues regarding this game? Is it all on Crawford? Is it on the Hawk defensemen to do a better job? Is it simply a matter of the Hawk offense clicking? My take is in this series the Hawks' defense and goalie have not been Stanley Cup sharp. Is this true or false?

And finally? To the experts on here who follow the team religiously. ... How do you see Game Six? What are the keys and all homerism aside, do you see a Hawk victory or season-ending defeat?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
The Rangers aren't as good as the Kings, but Henrik is tough to beat.

Montreal down a goal going into the 3rd and the Rangers dominate the period. Would have loved to get that to go 7. But I guess Messier guaranteed victory.

The two West teams are obviously better, but we know to never count out a hot team with a stud goalie.

Pretty piss poor performance by Montreal though. It was only a 1-0 final, but they didn't show up. Carey Price wouldn't have changed the outcome