Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
If you give up Rios you will pay more to replace him.

Make the Rangers take 85% of the salary and the Sox get a Top 5 player and another Top 20 prospect and it is a deal.

Look at what Swisher got this past offseason.

Not sure why the Rangers would claim him, they knew the asking price nine days ago and it should not go down.

Isn't Garcia the replacement?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)
I still would like to see Garcia get the development time down there to still work on his plate discipline, regardless if Rios goes or not.

You know he won't if Rios goes. But I would prefer that too. Wait until September 1st, what is the hurt in letting him play for a month? Though it is encouraging he has been drawing walks in Charlotte at a higher rate then ever before. (Tiny sample size I know)

Luke Jackson made his first start in Double A last night and went 6 innings, only allowing 4 hits, no runs and had 6 K's. Rougned Odor also homered and is hitting .310/.375/.690 in 7 games as a 19 year old in AA. Yes please.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 7m

Chance that the #White Sox trade Alex Rios to the #Rangers today "smaller than a bread basket" according to a source involved in trade talks

FWIW. Bowden is a clown though.

So you're tellin' me there's a chance...

One hour...nothing will happen and Rios will start the first game.

That last part is what gives me hope a deal can be reached. The Rangers knew the asking price 10 days ago, if there really were "not close" to acquiring him, then why claim him and go through the trouble? They obviously want him, it's just a matter of finding a middle ground.

They may have claimed him to block him from going to another team.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
Unbelievable to me that the Rangers wouldn't give up one of their 6-12 type prospects for Rios. He solves so many immediate problems for them on top of letting them walk away from Cruz next year.

For all we know, it may be Hahn doing this too. He may want a 6-12 plus another, or 3 lower level guys, or whatever. It's just unbelievable that a deal hasn't been consummated yet because it really, really makes a lot of sense for both parties.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
For all we know, it may be Hahn doing this too. He may want a 6-12 plus another, or 3 lower level guys, or whatever. It's just unbelievable that a deal hasn't been consummated yet because it really, really makes a lot of sense for both parties.

Wait. So after Hahn and Daniels agree to terms they have to have sex to make it official? Never knew that. Guess you learn something new every day.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)

It is interesting that the lineup hasn't been posted for a 1:10 start time today though.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
Wait. So after Hahn and Daniels agree to terms they have to have sex to make it official? Never knew that. Guess you learn something new every day.

It's really the tradition of it all, from the Greeks, you know?

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Not all that worried about. Hahn will surely shop him over the winter. The odds of Rios being here in April 2014 seem slim.

If he trades him over the winter instead of just letting him go, the Sox will have paid $4 million for the prospect or prospects they receive. I hope they actually have a shot of being successful in the big leagues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
If he trades him over the winter instead of just letting him go, the Sox will have paid $4 million for the prospect or prospects they receive. I hope they actually have a shot of being successful in the big leagues.

And given the reported asking price, unless it comes down significantly, I don't think he's going to be getting traded over the winter, either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)

He always was. I heard an interview with Robin, he doesn't know what is going on with Rios' situation and doesn't want to know unless he is being moved. If the line up wasn't posted it could have been because of Viciedo who was scratched, and the team said there would be an explaination at game time, whatever that means.

It would be interesting to see where Garcia was at the moment. That would be the indication about what was going to happen.

Edited by Dick Allen