**7/2 Game thread! Sox hosting Orange Birds!**

Brian

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 06:50 AM)
Would be nice for Danks to notch up a 'W', but, well, let's just see. Our recent record against the Os, putting aside our recent record full stop, doesn't inpire optimism.

Konerko back today?

Per Rotoworld, Konerko is expected to return today.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
I saw we go for the ultimate losing streak.

DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!

After this series, we got Hellickson, Moore, and Price. Then Matt Garza. Then Verlander.

100 losses, baby!

Our mood (the fans) has been pretty ugly for awhile now. I really wonder what it's like in the White Sox dugout/locker room. Is everyone just waiting to be traded? Are there guys that can't wait to get out of here?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
Our mood (the fans) has been pretty ugly for awhile now. I really wonder what it's like in the White Sox dugout/locker room. Is everyone just waiting to be traded? Are there guys that can't wait to get out of here?

Just speaking for myself, I'm at the Acceptance Phase. I'm actually looking at this season as a positive for the future of the franchise. They're forced to deal with some things they've ignored over the last several years. You can't just compete, win 81-85 games and call it a good try anymore.

As far as the players, I think they care, but don't have the personality to go nuts. I think they take on Ventura and Konerko's personalities. Show up, do your work, play the game, and go home. I doubt any of them are losing sleep because nobody is in AA or AAA nipping at their heels, and the pay is good.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
MLB @MLB

Jim Thome (612 career HRs) joins @WhiteSox as special assistant to senior VP/GM Rick Hahn

Always had hoped to see Thome come back to the Sox in some capacity. I thought it might be as a coach/batting instructor but this is kinda surprising.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
MLB @MLB

Jim Thome (612 career HRs) joins @WhiteSox as special assistant to senior VP/GM Rick Hahn

Thome needs to be blunt and tell Hahn which players are either hopeless or blah.

I think players who must NOT be on this team next year are: Flowers, the backup catcher I forget his name, Morel, Gillaspie (he can return in a Lilly role if he must), Konerko, DeAza, Rios, Dunn.

Tank and Beckham and Lexi can stay one more year.

Also those who must go: Thornton.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Thome needs to be blunt and tell Hahn which players are either hopeless or blah.

I think players who must NOT be on this team next year are: Flowers, the backup catcher I forget his name, Morel, Gillaspie (he can return in a Lilly role if he must), Konerko, DeAza, Rios, Dunn.

What has Morel done this year to warrant being banished, he's actually hit well for Charlotte.

Gillaspie is fine if he's hitting against RHP, with Morel against LHP.

Why is Alexei exempt from all your anger, when he's made more physical and mentor errors than any player on the entire team with possible exception of DeAza?

Thornton will be gone, that's obvious, as will Crain.

Lindstrom only makes $500K, so if we get an offer on him, he'll be dealt. They might want to keep him around to add a veteran presence to stabilize the fun, and he also theoretically could be traded and then brought back again if they choose to go that route, too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)

Thome is an assistant, not an advisor. Not to mention, I'm sure Hahn has already decided what his plan is for each player. Lord knows he's had all god damn season of watching this garbage.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Danks 3 up 3 down 1st inning. Oriole color guy calls Viciedo DH masquerading as a LF'er. Alexei doubles. Rios 1 for last 20. K's on 3 pitches. Dunn pops out to left.

That's Gary Thorne who called Sox games in the 80s.He also says the cell is a pitchers park. Didn't offer any reason for the statement.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
Davis on 1st . Next hitter pops to right. Rios catches it throws to 1st for DP only Davis called safe. Replay shows he's out . No argument from Sox.

Baltimore announcers both said he was out