Pirates looking at Rios and Alexei

justBLAZE

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
Ramirez is in the top 5 in both hits and stolen bases over the last month....We all know he heats up with the weather...He has value.

That article said they both combined are worth $4 million. That's scary bad in this economy. That's Francouer-like. I don't mind having Alexei on the Sox. I'd dump Rios for whatever we can get and force the future to begin in right field.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
That article said they both combined are worth $4 million. That's scary bad in this economy. That's Francouer-like. I don't mind having Alexei on the Sox. I'd dump Rios for whatever we can get and force the future to begin in right field.

There is no future to begin in right field. So in that case dumping him makes no sense. He is fairly compensated for his production over the past two seasons and is still relatively young. So if there is no deal to be made, Rios is the future.

The article is also written by a Pirates homer who wants to hold on to all their decent prospects.

Edited by IowaSoxFan

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
Just what Dick Allen is saying. It doesn't make much sense to move these two guys if the Sox have to pay that kind of money to get rid of them. Like that analysis said, they have no value.

No, it says they have value but if the sox expect to get premium talent they're going to have to kick in some $$ and thats $4M in surplus value as in making them worth their contract +4M

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
Just what Dick Allen is saying. It doesn't make much sense to move these two guys if the Sox have to pay that kind of money to get rid of them. Like that analysis said, they have no value.

Greg, for the love of god please stop trolling. First suggesting Baines as manager and now Rios & Ramirez have NO value? I wish people didn't believe you were a real person, because then you'd be forced to stop this nonsense.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
Which I think everyone understands.

everyone but greg apparently, this is why i have him on my block list...smh #trollsgonnatroll

edit:spelling

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
Greg, for the love of god please stop trolling. First suggesting Baines as manager and now Rios & Ramirez have NO value? I wish people didn't believe you were a real person, because then you'd be forced to stop this nonsense.

Now I know what players say about "taking it out of context" regarding their statements. I said Robin deserves to get the boot over this mess of a defense and boneheaded mistakes and the fact a .500 team is 17 under .500. I said it's Baines' turn and let him manage the REST OF THIS SEASON. If Robin is fired somebody would have to manage the rest of the season.

By saying "no value" I messed up there. I meant no signfiicant value to anybody when coupled with how much money they are making. Like Dick Allen said it makes little sense to pay a ton of cash to a team just for taking one of your players.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Now I know what players say about "taking it out of context" regarding their statements. I said Robin deserves to get the boot over this mess of a defense and boneheaded mistakes and the fact a .500 team is 17 under .500. I said it's Baines' turn and let him manage the REST OF THIS SEASON. If Robin is fired somebody would have to manage the rest of the season.

By saying "no value" I messed up there. I meant no signfiicant value to anybody when coupled with how much money they are making. Like Dick Allen said it makes little sense to pay a ton of cash to a team just for taking one of your players.

You want Ventura gone after one season where the players haven't played very well, especially on defense, but you were just fine with Ozzie allowing that kind of s*** for the last 3 years of his tenure. Gotcha.

Anyways, no, if the Sox were to trade Rios and Ramirez and added no money, they wouldn't bring back a big return. The Sox don't necessarily need to free up payroll for any number of reasons, so they may kick in half of the money for the contracts or so to bring back better prospects, thus their value would be approximately $24 million, which is worth quite a bit.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
You want Ventura gone after one season where the players haven't played very well, especially on defense, but you were just fine with Ozzie allowing that kind of s*** for the last 3 years of his tenure. Gotcha.

Anyways, no, if the Sox were to trade Rios and Ramirez and added no money, they wouldn't bring back a big return. The Sox don't necessarily need to free up payroll for any number of reasons, so they may kick in half of the money for the contracts or so to bring back better prospects, thus their value would be approximately $24 million, which is worth quite a bit.

But it was entertaining!!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)

Good post on the Rios/Ramirez situation.

I wouldn't mind Robin getting the boot in response to this joke of a season, but I am OK with him staying on during the rebuild. He's a nice guy and I am not violently against him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
Good post on the Rios/Ramirez situation.

I wouldn't mind Robin getting the boot in response to this joke of a season, but I am OK with him staying on during the rebuild. He's a nice guy and I am not violently against him.

You don't seem like a violent person.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

Agreed if the sox kick in serious money and Ramirez and Rios head over to the pirates this is the type of return I would love to see:

Gregory Polanco - If the sox are kicking in serious $$ he better be coming back. He looks the part of a potential 5 tool talent that can handle CF, He just transitioned to AA so if the sox aquire him i wouldn't expect to see him at earliest june/july of next year more probably a sept. call up and starting in '15

Tyler Glasnow - This kid is on some major helium, one of those high school arms with the tag projectability written all over their scouting report that is actually taking his raw tools and turing them into skills, far enough away in a deep pirate system that they could move him.

Jin-De Jhang - Gives us a good looking catching prospect a bit away, while we find out what we have in Phegley and Flowers.

Andrew Lambo - Could very well a potent OF bat, He was once the top prospect in the dodgers system and lost a lot of his shine; he isn't going to get his shot on the pirates and he is still age appropriate for AAA. He would come up immediately and take over for Rios. So far at AAA he is putting up this line .279/.356/.574 with 9HR(23 on the year).

Victor Black - former 1st round pick had some injury issues and got pushed into the bullpen but has taken well to the role, looks to be a future set up man sitting in AAA again a piece a contending team doesn't have time to develop at the major league level.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
Agreed if the sox kick in serious money and Ramirez and Rios head over to the pirates this is the type of return I would love to see:

Gregory Polanco - If the sox are kicking in serious $$ he better be coming back. He looks the part of a potential 5 tool talent that can handle CF, He just transitioned to AA so if the sox aquire him i wouldn't expect to see him at earliest june/july of next year more probably a sept. call up and starting in '15

Tyler Glasnow - This kid is on some major helium, one of those high school arms with the tag projectability written all over their scouting report that is actually taking his raw tools and turing them into skills, far enough away in a deep pirate system that they could move him.

Jin-De Jhang - Gives us a good looking catching prospect a bit away, while we find out what we have in Phegley and Flowers.

Andrew Lambo - Could very well a potent OF bat, He was once the top prospect in the dodgers system and lost a lot of his shine; he isn't going to get his shot on the pirates and he is still age appropriate for AAA. He would come up immediately and take over for Rios. So far at AAA he is putting up this line .279/.356/.574 with 9HR(23 on the year).

Victor Black - former 1st round pick had some injury issues and got pushed into the bullpen but has taken well to the role, looks to be a future set up man sitting in AAA again a piece a contending team doesn't have time to develop at the major league level.

I'd be happy with that package of players for Ramirez Rios and Cash. Very happy.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)

This package is not gonna happen. Polanco is likely not going anywhere.

Rios + Alexei + $$ is gonna get you something like:

Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow & (maybe) Clay Holmes but (more likely) Adrian Sampson.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)

Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow & (maybe) Clay Holmes but (more likely) Adrian Sampson.

Glasnow is nothing to sneeze at. Breakthrough year. Bell is a White Sox type prospect as well. I'd be okay with this.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)

Anything new you're hearing Bucket? Thank you in advance. Love hearing what you have to say.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
Sox have been VERY active, but are playing the market patiently.

I like to hear that that Hahn is in full trading mode. Do you know by chance what teams are interested in our players and what names have been discussed. Sorry for bombarding you with questions. But thank you

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
I'd take it

There would have to be significant $$ going to PITT and I'm not sure Rick would do that right now.

Considerations is a bigtime debate in the offices...almost more than target players right now.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
I like to hear that that Hahn is in full trading mode. Do you know by chance what teams are interested in our players and what names have been discussed. Sorry for bombarding you with questions. But thank you

Things are very fluid right now. Anything I could give you that's real specific could change tomorrow. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
There would have to be significant $$ going to PITT and I'm not sure Rick would do that right now.

Considerations is a bigtime debate in the offices...almost more than target players right now.

I'm sure the longer they wait the less money it would take if the cards make a deal or rios heats up

You're the man btw thanks for the constant updates!

Edited by Knackattack