Trade Deadline 2013

hi8is

Trade Deadline 2013  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Take your pick folks...

• Trades, trades, trades, and more trades.
    • One major move and 1-2 smaller deals
    • One major move
    • We're buyers all of a sudden... b!tches
    • Trades? Hanh keeps everyone and laughs evil style
    • Trades!!! For me to poop on!!!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
I am guessing Peavy is our big trade, and then we trade Crain and Lindstrom for lackluster returns. Then that's it. I'm hoping to see like 5 or 6 deals, but I'm betting it's just those guys moved in the end.

thou hast ruined this thread!!!! it was destined for Soxtalk GLORY!

Edited by hi8is

Peavy and Crain to AZ for Davidson, Eaton, and Owings. Sox send cash.

Rios, Ramirez, and cash for Polanco and Kingham. Pirates are gonna get desperate if they keep falling.

De Aza and Lindstrom packaged together for something.

Crain will be dealt if he's healthy for 2 players who are not high level prospects.

Peavy will be dealt. I have no idea what we'll get in return.

Nobody will take Rios or Dunn off our hands. If somebody takes Rios, we get very very very little in return and have to send cash with him.

Who cares on Lindstrom? We'll get absolutely nothing good for him. He's just a body in the bullpen.

Edited by greg775

The sox should be looking to add near major league talent in 3B,CF,1B and RF in addition to that, high upside arms a year and a half to two years away and catching depth. The one thing the sox system has is MI and Corner Ofers one of: Thompson, Jacobs, Hawkins, Walker, Day has to become a major league regular in addition to what they get in trade deadline/offseason.

I would like to see the sox move Peavy and Crain to AZ and target Eaton & Davidson and Owings. Owings' stats are gaudy but he appears ML ready and the sox have a lot of interesting prospects that could be up with the club in the near future in Semien and Sanchez if it doesn't work out. Sanchez is still really young for AAA and will get another go around next year and for July Semien is on a tear for July .303/.439/.606, after a fair amount of research he personally reminds me of Marcus Giles and if we can get that kind of production for SS that would be incredible. Behind both of them you have Tim Anderson who has been off to a great start at A and Mich Johnson at A+ it is still to be determined if both can stick in the middle infield but I'm sure the sox will give them every opportunity to find out.

Trade Rios, Ramirez and Lindstrom and eat a fair amount of his salary to PIT for Bell, Glasnow and Lambo. Bell adds to the mix of the previously mentioned outfielders Lambo is sitting at AAA and I have a hard time believing the pirates are going to give him the opportunity to produce or back up as a 4th outfielder on a contending team. Lambo has put up an interesting line at indianapolis and he was a former top dodger prospect and still age appropriate at 24 .285/.357/.562 - .919 10.3BB% & 25.2K%, immediately bring him up to replace Rios and see what we have in him a ML regular or a 4th Ofer.

Trade Reed to the red sox for Garin Cecchini, Anthony Ranaudo and Blake Swihart.

See if you can dump Keppinger and 6m for an arm like Dellin Betances or Dixon Llorens, someone similar in nature to that.

DH - Dunn L

C - Phegley R

1B - Viciedo R

2B - Beckham R

SS - Owings R

3B - Davidson R

LF - De Aza L

CF - Eaton L

RF - Lambo L

See if Gillaspie can transition to a quality utility player.

Nate Jones to Closer, auditions through out the bullpen. Look at an outside shot at the second wild card spot in '14 and deep farm system.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 11:38 PM)
Are you sure you haven't started drinking again?

Fair question. Honest and non-sarcastic response:

I am indeed still sober friend. However, my favorite baseball team is in the tank. My lovely wife and I are expecting our first child... Thou we're only 6 weeks into the journey. As such, my life is filled with laughter, suspense, challenge, joy, and many interrupted nights of sleep with not much to do.

So, I revert back to you... my Soxtalk family. A place of refuge on lonely nights of self.

May they be fueled by alcohol abuse or amazing progressions of growth.

With that... I say two things...

1.) GO SOX!

2.) Amen

Edited by hi8is

Trade #1) I'm predicting Peavy gets dealt since he is the most coveted starting pitcher in the market right now going into the deadline. I also expect Crain to be dealt as well. It could in a package to AZ like beautox said. A deal centered around Owings and some pitching would make me very happy.

Trade #2) I also predict the Sox to try their best to deal Alexei to St. Louis. Once we pick up Owings it makes trading Ramirez much more realistic and St. Louis really needs an upgrade at SS. Despite his down season defensively, he can still bring us back a decent prospect or two.

Trade #3) The Sox trade Rios to Pittsburgh right at the deadline with cash for Polanco and one mid pitching prospect. :)

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)
I think Peavy gets traded and nabs 1-2 top 100 players, Lindstrom goes for nothing, and Crain goes for a B level pitcher.

I hope we get something decent for Lindstrom...he's putting a few too many guys on base, but he's not allowing them to score...I'd like to think we can get something of value for him.

I am getting the feeling that the stage is being set for a blockbuster with the Red Sox. The teams match up really well as pretty much all of our players on the market are fits for the holes they have on that roster. Not sure if the Red Sox are willing to gut the farm to the extent that it would take to make that happen, but it seems like a possibility.