7/30 at Indians

flavum

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers are reportedly filing an official league protest against the White Sox for their current terrible bullpen which has ZERO chance of holding a late inning lead...

Well, 24 games under .500 is a first for 24 years (1989), a longer-standing mark than half the members of the board have even been alive, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
I asked Dan Hayes why Rios was playing today...because they still need to showcase him he told me even though all those teams have been following him for 3+ weeks

Of course Rios would play today. Don't be silly. He's an everyday player, he's going to play every day.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
Of course Rios would play today. Don't be silly. He's an everyday player, he's going to play every day.

He didnt need to today. He could have used a "day off"

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
Chances Rodon chooses Boras as his advisor?

Would be typical if the White Sox drafted him (see Appel) and he refused to sign and went back in the draft in 2015.

In other breaking news, Matt Lindstrom's 2014 option at $4 million just kicked in. Hallelujah.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Surprised Robin didnt just sit a bunch of guys, to stoke the trade deadline flames.

Paranoia sets in as trade suitors realize that Dunn, Ramirez, DeAza, Peavy and Rios arent playing tonight. Emergency last minute offers, come in. :P

1. Wells- RF

2. Beckham- 2B

3. Konerko-1B

4. Viciedo-LF

5. Keppinger-SS

6. Gillespie-3B

7. Tekotte-CF

8. Phegley-C

9. Flowers-DH

maybe my idea wasnt so far fetched after all, except for Tekotte being sent down before the game. Have nothing to gain by playing guys you want to move. Everything to lose. (Rios, Ramirez and Lindstrom)

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Nobody benches a position player unless he is getting traded. You don't do it in anticipation of maybe a trade. We don't seem to be particularly close to moving him anyway

With the way everything has been going this season sitting him would have been a good idea.

QUOTE (guapotaco @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:51 AM)
Terrible terrible night for the sox so far, on the field and especially in the office... All I expect next is for someone to foul a pitch into peavy

On the field, it's been good. Rienzo looked way better than anyone could have expected.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
maybe my idea wasnt so far fetched after all, except for Tekotte being sent down before the game. Have nothing to gain by playing guys you want to move. Everything to lose. (Rios, Ramirez and Lindstrom)

I thought we were trying to trade Keppinger and Beckham, still, lol?

FWIW, we might as well start converting Casper Wells to short relief about RIGHT NOW. How can we survive without Lindstrom (aka David Riske/Frasor/MacDougal/Scott Linebrink post 2008)?

LOL at the Sox blowing another game. I love Robin but our manager shoulda been the guy who is in the Indians' dugout. You get a chance to hire a Francona like we had, you can't let it pass by.

Worse team in baseball except for maybe one team ... the Chicago White Sox.

Edited by greg775

Hawk was talking about how important the Indians bench has been. That's something that Hahn deserves criticism for. The bench was pathetic coming into the season with Wise/Sanchez/Jimenez. Angel Sanchez should have never been in consideration for the big league club. Gillaspie was the only positive contributor off the bench this season.