8.18 Sox vs Twins

GGajewski18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
Yeah, but for some reason some people think he sucks.

I don't think he sucks, I just think he isn't a valued asset on a "retooling" team and that his high leverage innings could be replaced by the likes of Jones or Webb. The sox have an outside chance to compete next year, its foolish to keep an above average "closer" on a team that isn't expected to contend.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 05:07 PM)
I don't think he sucks, I just think he isn't a valued asset on a "retooling" team and that his high leverage innings could be replaced by the likes of Jones or Webb. The sox have an outside chance to compete next year, its foolish to keep an above average "closer" on a team that isn't expected to contend.

The Sox have a chance to compete next year, so they should get rid of their closer because only teams with a shot to compete need a closer?

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)

How not? He's 24 years old, has been the closer for 2 years and with good and bad teams.

People that think he's not a good closer don't have a case of replacing him.

He has now saved 31 of 36 games. And 2 of those blown saves the defense was to blame.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
The Sox have a chance to compete next year, so they should get rid of their closer because only teams with a shot to compete need a closer?

People wanting Reed out as closer just don't have a case. Jones is best for a set up role. And Webb needs to prove something in the show first before being named closer.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
I know I'm suppose to be rooting for the draft pick, but I kind of like seeing my team win.

I love when the Sox still win. Shows improvement, confidence in the young guys, and hope for next year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I love when the Sox still win. Shows improvement, confidence in the young guys, and hope for next year.

Agree. Plus my wife always laughs when Hawks says "This ball game is ova!"

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)

I'm simply saying that yes he is talented and young but he is a luxury on this team, especially because he could go to a team looking to contend for a world series title and bring the sox back a nice haul similar to what Boston gave up in acquiring Bailey(Reddick) and Melancon(Lowrie).