How comfortable are you rooting for the draft pick?

Princess Dye

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly content rooting for losses and have been since it was evident that this team wasn't even close to sniffing the postseason. This organization and its farm system needs the best possible draft slot, the biggest possible draft pool, and largest international pool they can get.

Personally I'm indifferent to winning and losing in a season like this. I'm not the type of person to openly root for my team to lose, but the games don't matter so I don't really care much about who is winning. Mostly I just hope the young guys play well and that if they do lose, it's fun-bad, so I get a few laughs along the way.

In answer to the thread's question, very uncomfortable. I do not root for the draft pick. I can honestly, from the bottom of my soul, say that every game the Sox play I want them to win. There is not one part of me that wants a loss. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. I want wins each and every day.

p.s. I assume el Rockin is with me on this stance.

Edited by greg775

Before every game I tell myself I'm ok if they lose because it'll help us get a higher draft pick, but come game time I just want them to win and still get mad if they lose. I couldn't believe how upset I was that they gave up 5 in the 8th tonight, it was basically a pointless game but I don't care.

I suppose I want the players to do well, but not win too much for the rest of the year. I don't know! I'm a mess just like this team!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 02:03 AM)
Definitely No. 1 the 25-0 record. I'd be a happy camper. Sadly, the team is back in the tank, probably playing its worst baseball of the season.

A happy camper that a 56-81 team suddenly went on a 25-game winning streak to end the season? I would be furious that those bums didn't try for the first 137 games. Nothing to do with any draft pick.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)
A happy camper that a 56-81 team suddenly went on a 25-game winning streak to end the season? I would be furious that those bums didn't try for the first 137 games. Nothing to do with any draft pick.

I never thought of that. I'd just be happy we were winning and not the laughingstock of the American League.

Just curious how early in the season in 2014 the draftniks on this board will start rooting for the Sox to lose every game. It's pretty damn annoying. So lets say we go 8-20 to open the year. Will you be rooting for all losses in May, June, July, August and September? Just curious.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
Just curious how early in the season in 2014 the draftniks on this board will start rooting for the Sox to lose every game. It's pretty damn annoying. So lets say we go 8-20 to open the year. Will you be rooting for all losses in May, June, July, August and September? Just curious.

Ummm....28 games is entirely too early for that. And considering you never gave context for the other teams in our division, it's impossible to say. In 2012, we had a chance because Detroit was underperforming. In 2013, Detroit lived up to their potential, thus it was an easier decision for me to start rooting for losses.

I stopped caring about this team winning sometime in June this year, so I guess ask me next June.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)

:lol:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)

Greg,

Absolutely not. I hate that I am even pulling for a high draft pick right now instead of a chance at a postseason birth. Lets face it, it has been hard to cheer for this club this season. They were pretty much out of the race as early as June this year. I want this team to win big next year! However, if they tank hard early once again- there is nothing wrong with getting excited for obtaining yet another high pick. Its not like we are cheering against the White Sox, if anything we are getting excited for a very possible potential impact player who can make a difference for this team for many, many years!

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 11:18 PM)
http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

Start getting familiar Trea Turner!

That top 10 will probably be completely different in 9 months from now, except for maybe Carlos Rondon at #1.

Personally, I am hoping some stud 3B in college pops up. Pretty much another Kris Bryant.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 03:27 AM)
Ummm....28 games is entirely too early for that. And considering you never gave context for the other teams in our division, it's impossible to say. In 2012, we had a chance because Detroit was underperforming. In 2013, Detroit lived up to their potential, thus it was an easier decision for me to start rooting for losses.

I stopped caring about this team winning sometime in June this year, so I guess ask me next June.

OK, let's say we go 8-20 and we are playing gawd-awful baseball and Detroit is 20-8. Is it over? Do you start the unexplainable rooting for losses in May?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)
OK, let's say we go 8-20 and we are playing gawd-awful baseball and Detroit is 20-8. Is it over? Do you start the unexplainable rooting for losses in May?

No.

Jesus this topic has gotten really f'ing stale

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 03:53 AM)
No.

Jesus this topic has gotten really f'ing stale

True, but there are two really bad threads started of late. One on Ozzie and one on rooting for losing. Those 2 subjects are bound to bring out emotion in some posters who feel strongly about the issues.