Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
Great close to the half by Illinois. Best they have looked in a long time. Really good minutes from Nunn and Hill down the stretch.

Just turned it on for first time since they were down 17. Holy cow

Terrible by Groce to play Ekey over Hill and Nunn down the stretch and while Egwu played better than he has recently he is just such an awful basketball player. He has literally the worst hands I've ever seen by a D-1 basketball player. Illinois up 2 and run a good out of bounds play that a normal Big 10 center catches and gets a layup on and instead the ball goes right through his hands and Iowa gets a layup at the other end. Just a killer.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
Terrible by Groce to play Ekey over Hill and Nunn down the stretch and while Egwu played better than he has recently he is just such an awful basketball player. He has literally the worst hands I've ever seen by a D-1 basketball player. Illinois up 2 and run a good out of bounds play that a normal Big 10 center catches and gets a layup on and instead the ball goes right through his hands and Iowa gets a layup at the other end. Just a killer.

Completely agreed.

Well, I called this game as a season definer for Iowa and it might end up that way.

Up 34-13, completely blow the lead (some very questionable substitutions by McCaffrey as well at the end of the first half)...go down 66-61 and somehow pull it out.

Crazy B10 season with PSU and NW suddenly looking dangerous.

Marble and White came up big down the stretch. Someone mentioned the steal on the out-of-bounds play, I think the key play in the game was the Olaseni loose ball rebound...as an Iowa fan you can never be sure of anything with Marble and Gesell shooting free throws. White's the only guy you feel 100% confident shooting.

First win for Iowa in Champaign since 1999 (I think the stat was 11 losses in a row) and just the 3rd since 1987 when Iowa had a Final 8 team.

Finally, glad Iowa has those 2 NW games out of the way already....in football and basketball the last decade, playing NW has been the kiss of death.

Iowa's next 6 are OSU and MI at home, at Penn State, at Indiana, Wisconsin at home and Minnesota on the road. Would settle for 3-3 in that stretch, 4-2 would be great and 2-4 a big disappointment. Other than the win at OSU (which is looking less impressive with PSU winning there), no signature wins but also not a single bad loss either.

Losing to Villanova, at Iowa State, Michigan St. in overtime at home and at Wisconsin...all quite winnable games, isn't going to hurt, either.

Guess MSU really had a let down as well after beating Iowa on the road, losing at Georgetown, a team with better interior play traditionally...obviously they took advantage of Payne's absence.

Edited by caulfield12