Red Sox vs. Tigers

knightni

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
Recipe for disaster, Detroit!!

Too many relievers. It never works. You got to get more out of your starter(s). Leyland fell in the trap; too many relievers used tonight.

Say what you want about Ozzie? Our one glorious postseason he went with the starters a LONNNNNNGGGGG time. Thank god he did or we wouldn't have a WS crown.

Leyland a big goat.

They've pushed Scherzer to the breaking point...but yeah, their bullpen has been hit and miss all season long.

But no choice. You can't fault Leyland and Scherzer.

That was an 0-2 hanging breaking ball to the least threatening Boston hitter...hung it and sped up his bat.

CA-CHIINNG....can just imagine Illitch calling up Jay-Z (not that it every really happens like that in real life, but fun to imagine), okay, here's another $300 million down the tubes.

The reality is they would have been better off spending that money on the bullpen than Prince Fielder.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
Recipe for disaster, Detroit!!

Too many relievers. It never works. You got to get more out of your starter(s). Leyland fell in the trap; too many relievers used tonight.

Say what you want about Ozzie? Our one glorious postseason he went with the starters a LONNNNNNGGGGG time. Thank god he did or we wouldn't have a WS crown.

Leyland a big goat.

Scherzer threw 110 pitches.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
As long as he's the 4th outfielder, okay.

They need some more veterans on the ballclub to teach the youngsters how to play the game the right way.

Unfortunately I believe for CF. I dont hate it, but I dont like it. The thing is you cant just sign him, which is good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
Unfortunately I believe for CF. I dont hate it, but I dont like it. The thing is you cant just sign him, which is good.

He'll become such a cult hero, they might have to keep him on the roster for 2014 just for that at-bat.

Sweet Caroline....is getting more annoying than "New York, New York."

Just don't think Victorino's the right choice at this point in his career.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
How many pitches did our starters throw in 05?

You can't really compare the 2. Scherzer was under duress the last 2 innings. Sox staff for the most part breezed through those 05 playoffs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
The Sox have interest in Victorino, your thoughts?

To play CF? I don't wanna give up on Dayan just yet. If he can hang in CF I'm cool with him on a 1 or 2 year contract.

EDIT- My streak of posting things that have already been said continues.

Edited by scs787

In no world should Victorino not start on the White Sox.

The guy put up a .353 wOBA this year and a .351 OBP. He also played incredible defense in RF this year and can probably be pretty good in center.

I don't care if he's going to be 33 next year, if you can get him at the right price, get him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)

The guy put up a .353 wOBA this year and a .351 OBP. He also played incredible defense in RF this year and can probably be pretty good in center.

I don't care if he's going to be 33 next year, if you can get him at the right price, get him.

That's the whole problem, he's not an everyday CFer anymore.

We can't keep trying to force players into positions where they don't belong.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 12:47 AM)

I'd expect someone like that to be a target.

And hey, who is his agency???

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 01:47 AM)

He just signed a 3 year deal. So he has $26 Mil over 2 years left. He can't switch hit due to injuries. There is no talk in New England they would move him and I wouldn't want him especially if he needs off-season surgery.