Frank Thomas Is a Hall of Famer

southsider2k5

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typically do not believe in harrassing or making personal attacks against people - in person or online - but I think I can make an exception on this one. Gurnick is an absolute f***ing douche tool.

Yes, Gurnick is an idiot, but there are five others who didn't vote for Frank, and Frank getting fewer votes than Biggio and Morris is obscene. That upset me even more than Gurnick.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Yes, Gurnick is an idiot, but there are five others who didn't vote for Frank, and Frank getting fewer votes than Biggio and Morris is obscene. That upset me even more than Gurnick.

Do you mean "Writers voting for Morris and BGO but not Frank"? Because every list I've seen posted in here, Hurt beats them both.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)

Honestly, I don't care about Frank in this instance. I'm about 99.9% sure he's getting in. I care about Maddux. He and Pedro Martinez are absolutely the two greatest pitchers I ever saw, and I didn't even see much of Maddux in his prime. If you are only going to vote for one guy and cite "HE WAS AN ACE" as your reasoning, then GTFO and quit voting.

This is like a person voting in the November election and only voting for Referendum 8, which allows the citizens to decide whether or not to bulldoze a 400 sq ft section to build a jungle gym for the community, but then again, it's not, because that person has the right to vote no matter what and their votes on the other issues don't matter at all, so, in fact, that person is better than Jerry Gurnick. Jerry Gurnick is a bitter POS who needs to have his right to vote removed by the BBWAA.

I guess I'm not done. If he does not, and he submits a blank ballot next year (he would technically have to), then I fully endorse sending him a brown lunch bag filled with s***, because that's exactly what he would be submitting for his Hall vote next year.

Edited by witesoxfan

Do you mean "Writers voting for Morris and BGO but not Frank"? Because every list I've seen posted in here, Hurt beats them both.

I meant among the votes listed in the mlb.com article, not the overall count. Frank will easily beat them both in the overall count.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
It's going down with every new update. I am less and less confident.

Don't be.

The other day, when there were 149 ballots, Frank had 92.6%, or 138 votes. As I recall, that was his high point. Since then, he's been in a "slump" and is now at 174/194. That means he's been on 36 of the last 45 ballots. His "slump" is 80%, AKA better than Biggio's total.

And according to the last guy, he needs what, 67.5%?

I'm going home to watch this awesomeness live at lunch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Here's a guy who needs to be deleted from all future votes. He only voted for Jack Morris. Eliminating everyone from the steroid era because he doesn't know who did and who didn't. How does he know no one from the non steroid eras didn't use a PED?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10259259...-hall-selection

Considering the Steroid or PED era could traced back as early as 1986. He shouldn't be voting for Morris either based on his criteria.

BTW...Nice to be back. ;)

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Considering the Steroid or PED era could traced back as early as 1986. He shouldn't be voting for Morris either based on his criteria.

BTW...Nice to be back. ;)

Wow.. nice to see you again Ribbie. :)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Here's a guy who needs to be deleted from all future votes. He only voted for Jack Morris. Eliminating everyone from the steroid era because he doesn't know who did and who didn't. How does he know no one from the non steroid eras didn't use a PED?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10259259...-hall-selection

Already fighting the good fight, bud.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
I typically do not believe in harrassing or making personal attacks against people - in person or online - but I think I can make an exception on this one. Gurnick is an absolute f***ing douche tool.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
Honestly, I don't care about Frank in this instance. I'm about 99.9% sure he's getting in. I care about Maddux. He and Pedro Martinez are absolutely the two greatest pitchers I ever saw, and I didn't even see much of Maddux in his prime. If you are only going to vote for one guy and cite "HE WAS AN ACE" as your reasoning, then GTFO and quit voting.

This is like a person voting in the November election and only voting for Referendum 8, which allows the citizens to decide whether or not to bulldoze a 400 sq ft section to build a jungle gym for the community, but then again, it's not, because that person has the right to vote no matter what and their votes on the other issues don't matter at all, so, in fact, that person is better than Jerry Gurnick. Jerry Gurnick is a bitter POS who needs to have his right to vote removed by the BBWAA.

I guess I'm not done. If he does not, and he submits a blank ballot next year (he would technically have to), then I fully endorse sending him a brown lunch bag filled with s***, because that's exactly what he would be submitting for his Hall vote next year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)

Won't argue with you about Maddux and Pedro, but I'd definitely add Randy Johnson to that. When he was at his peak he was as nasty as I've ever seen.

If Jeter is the first 100% I think I would literally vomit.