Frank Thomas Is a Hall of Famer

southsider2k5

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
I started to think about what Frank Thomas means to me and to my fandom. Tears started welling in my eyes. I wish like hell athletes didn't have to age.

I'm with you. I was shaking, and then tears. So happy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
I started to think about what Frank Thomas means to me and to my fandom. Tears started welling in my eyes. I wish like hell athletes didn't have to age.

I concur, really is cool to think...I remember him being drafted and playing in County Stadium to make his debut.

Wonder who inductes him......

Thomas ana LaRussa bring back some odd emotions in regard to the White Sox recent history.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
I concur, really is cool to think...I remember him being drafted and playing in County Stadium to make his debut.

Wonder who inducts him......

Thomas ana LaRussa bring back some odd emotions in regard to the White Sox recent history.

They don't do that at the Baseball Hall of Fame. They play a video and people talk, but nobody is there in person to introduce him. Selig reads the plaques, and Frank gives a speech.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
I've heard almost no discussion of Thomas on ESPN

I've been watching MLB Network for the past 2 hours, and it's been almost exclusively about Maddux and Glavine playing together, and John Smoltz has been in studio discussing it all. Now, since the announcement, they've just talked about other pitching duos in the Hall, and right now Maddux and Glavine are both being interviewed, with John Smoltz there too.

Poor Frank, no one outside Chicago seems to give a s***.