Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
I've been up for 2 hours now to get my final paper done of college, which is now due 2 hours from now, but this damn trade has totally distracted me. How am I supposed to write a beautiful feature story with this looming over my day?

HOW!!??!!?!?!?

Consider yourself lucky. I remember cramming for a statistics exam at the library when the WHITE SOX SIGN ADAM DUNN headline appeared.

Needless to say I almost failed that exam.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
So what's the consensus here, is this Eaton guy going to be a butcher in the field? Speed and arm strength apparently right? Is he inept out there? I don't want some bumblebee out there bumbling around in the field, not for Santiago anyway.

I don't think he is going to be a butcher at all, but I also don't think he sounds like he will be a stud either. He has the speed an an apparently strong arm, so that's working for him. But being 5'8" probably hurts a bit.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
So what's the consensus here, is this Eaton guy going to be a butcher in the field? Speed and arm strength apparently right? Is he inept out there? I don't want some bumblebee out there bumbling around in the field, not for Santiago anyway.

He supposedly puts a lot of stock in his defense and is consistent but nothing awful or spectacular.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
s***, nothings been said on MLBTR for over an hour about this trade. WTF?

UPDATE 1:53PM CT MLBTR's Tim Dierkes has just learned that additional players may or may not be exchanged in the deal should it come to fruition. If you may remember MLBTR's Tim Dierkes was the first to report Hector Santiago potentially considering a change in representation to CAA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
They refused to even make him an offer leading up to that point. The Sox told him to go out and test the market.

The point being, they didn't say, we would love to have you, but your xFIP. If xFIP were in the equation, Buehrle would have been a goner long before 2011.

Just watched KWs interview, pre recorded from this am but be was fairly confident that an "exiting" trade was happening for a "player" the fan base would gravitate to. He was busting Rosenthals balls about dogging the sox and responding to Rosenthals saying his goal this week is to break a white sox deal and go to KWs room and pull a Mohammed Ali by standing over Kenny and asking him to say his name.

KW responded by saying he better get working on breaking the trade or he would be the one finding Rosenthals later pulling the Mohammed Ali. As they went to break Kenny said he had to get to work and KR said ya "on some exciting deal" in which KW said ya just wait you'll see.

Again KW emphasized "Exciting" trade, clear died when Harold Renoylds misspoke and hell be waiting for the "big" Whitesox trade later. KW corrected him and said not big, exciting.

Also Renoylds seems to think we are trading Sale this week and told Rosenthal he needs to break the story. Take it for what it's worth

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
They refused to even make him an offer leading up to that point. The Sox told him to go out and test the market.

From my understanding, which is one step away from MB, it wasn't even really that. MB's agents called and Sox response was tepid at best.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
They re-signed him several times, paying him over $81 million in his career when his xFIP was no better than what it was his final season with the team.

Yes they did, because some guys typically outperform their FIP and xFIP numbers, while others typically underperform those numbers. Javy Vazquez was terrible about it.

Still, they're pretty accurate in portraying pitchers' talent. Maybe Santiago is a guy that will ultimately outperform those numbers. I don't believe we have enough of a sample size to determine that yet.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
UPDATE 1:53PM CT MLBTR's Tim Dierkes has just learned that additional players may or may not be exchanged in the deal should it come to fruition. If you may remember MLBTR's Tim Dierkes was the first to report Hector Santiago potentially considering a change in representation to CAA.

He just learned additional players may or may not be exchanged? What a scoop. You really have to be an insider to come up with that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
He just learned additional players may or may not be exchanged? What a scoop. You really have to be an insider to come up with that.

Hey I'll take it, we've been sitting on our hands waiting for a pulse of a rumor from our beloved. I'll take anything lol, and it gives hope Howie or Conger may be included with other pieces. I'm holding out hope RH is pigbacking Kendrick and Conger and they are working out what exactly the deal will be.

From mlbtr

The hevaily rumored three-team trade between the Angels, Diamondbacks and White Sox has been completed, a source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. Mark Trumbo and a pair of players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks, Adam Eaton will join the White Sox and Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs are headed to the Angels