Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
There is a report now that the player the Dbacks would get from the Angels would have to pass through the Rule-5 draft on Thursday, which means this deal may not even get finalized for another 2 days. That blows. I hope that doesn't stop Hahn from making other moves now because he has to make sure this one goes through.

I blame te topic change for making us wait even longer for a trade to happen. I too hope we can get Howie somehow as well.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
I hope Avi ends up being a middle of the lineup bat. I've been saying this for awhile, and my logic may be off but, I wanna see Lexi hit 2nd behind a guy who can consistently get on base(Eaton looks like he can be that guy). Last 3 years Lexi has hit .304/.346/.439 with runners on, in 749 ABs.

I'm thinking Eaton-Lexi-JDA-Dunn-Avi 1-5.

I don't mind that set-up, but I have a feeling that it will be

Eaton (L)

Alexei ®

Dunn (L)

JDA ®

Avi ®

Just to keep consistent w/ the L-R-L-R at the top of the order, and I think maybe the hope is that JDA will get Adam Dunn more fastballs to hit, assuming JDA becomes a feared enough hitter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
And that's fine, I have no problem with that. They aren't the holy grail either. I think Santiago can certainly improve as a starter and his game will play much better in LA than it did and does here, but to me I think he will ultimately be more of a #3/4 rather than a #2/3. We will see though. I really like Eaton though and think he is going to be a nice addition.

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely fine with them trading Hector. I was just hoping for a little bit more in return. Of course, watch everyone overreact tomorrow if the prospect the Sox send in the deal is one of the bigger named guys in the system :)

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
There is a report now that the player the Dbacks would get from the Angels would have to pass through the Rule-5 draft on Thursday, which means this deal may not even get finalized for another 2 days. That blows. I hope that doesn't stop Hahn from making other moves now because he has to make sure this one goes through.

Sox can probably grab him at three and then trade him back as part of this deal I guess?

The White Sox got exactly what they needed in Eaton. While Santiago is a good pitcher he was used to get something that the Mitchell's of the world could not become.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
I don't mind that set-up, but I have a feeling that it will be

Eaton (L)

Alexei ®

Dunn (L)

JDA ®

Avi ®

Just to keep consistent w/ the L-R-L-R at the top of the order, and I think maybe the hope is that JDA will get Adam Dunn more fastballs to hit, assuming JDA becomes a feared enough hitter.

Really like how this is coming along, still a work in progress. Of we can add Joe Buck into that as a platoon and fingers crossed getting Howie in this deal. I'd be getting really happy and our team would be pretty close to competing.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
From nobody credible....people are just pulling stuff out their butts now

Im hearing the same thing, Pujols and Dunn are both in it

;)

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Well the Sox do -- that's why they let MB walk, and that's probably one of the main reasons they're trading Santiago.

No, they let him walk because he was getting offered $58M and they foresaw a long rebuild.

I like Eaton as a prospect, but what nags at me is that all of the CF prospects we've invested in have failed to make an impact and we had to use a valuable resource to augment that position.

Still, disregarding that, seems like a fair deal (even though I really liked Santiago).

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
xFIP predicts future performance, so I'd guess that's something they would consider when resigning someone.

They re-signed him several times, paying him over $81 million in his career when his xFIP was no better than what it was his final season with the team.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
I've been up for 2 hours now to get my final paper done of college, which is now due 2 hours from now, but this damn trade has totally distracted me. How am I supposed to write a beautiful feature story with this looming over my day?

HOW!!??!!?!?!?

Stop being a procrastinating bum?